- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
All posts tagged "greek"
- Opinion: Greeks are worried about the wrong issue in the wake of nationally publicized racism incident
We’ve watched the video, heard the chants and probably (hopefully) decided that yes, those guys in Oklahoma University’s Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity are racist. But that doesn’t make every Greek member racist. I get that. However, some...
- Posted March 24, 2015
- Photo: Sigma Chi 80’s Week returns to campus
- Posted March 23, 2015
- Sigmapalooza raises money for raiseRED charity
Sigmapalooza, one of the largest Greek events of the year, packed the Mercury Ballroom on 4th Street on October 22. People wore the event appropriate denim, flannel, boots, and even the occasional cowboy hat. Sigma Chi hosted the event–an...
- Posted October 18, 2014
- New sorority coming to campus
By Kylie Noltemeyer– U of L’s Greek community will be welcoming Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority to campus this fall. “One of SGA’s goals for the 2020 plan is to have fraternity and sorority life membership make up...
- Posted May 28, 2014
- Fall rush vs. spring rush: the pros and cons
By Olivia Krauth– While several incoming freshman girls question whether or not Greek life is right for them, few think about postponing the recruitment process a semester. U of L offers both fall and spring sorority recruitment,...
- Posted May 27, 2014
- New fraternity coming to campus
Just a week after formal spring fraternity rush, a new fraternity has arrived on U of L’s campus. The Delta Tau Delta fraternity has begun meeting with potential new founding fathers and members in hopes of ultimately...
- Posted January 23, 2014
- The Do’s and Dont’s of Recruitment
By Caitlyn Crenshaw– One of the many questions facing incoming and returning women as the summer nears its end is have you thought about going through sorority recruitment? Some girls may jump in ready to start out...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- U of L’s Sigma Chi chapter wins interfraternity award
By Will Ryan– On April 2, it was announced that U of L’s chapter of the Sigma Chi fraternity is being presented with the 2013 Chapter Award of Distinction from the North-American Interfraternity Conference. The North-American Interfraternity...
- Posted April 9, 2013
- Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity wins Student Organization of the Year
By Lee Cole– U of L has been giving out student awards for 13 years, in a number of categories, including the Cardinal Award of Excellence – Scholar/Leader Award and the Harold Adams Award. Every year, one...
- Posted April 25, 2012
- Kissing Away Cancer: A Valentine party for charity
By Laura Diaz– In their search for a breast cancer awareness fundraiser, Zeta Tau Alpha and Beta Theta Pi worked together to organize Kiss Away Cancer, which was a fair held at the Red Barn on Thursday,...
- Posted February 14, 2012