- The XX sound more cohesive than ever on ‘I See You’
- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- New board of trustees full of familiar faces
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
All posts tagged "football"
- U of L Athletic Association approves stadium renovations and increased ticket prices
By Kyeland Jackson — University of Louisville athletic ticket prices will go up next year, the U of L Athletic Association decided Jan. 19. Reserved seats will increase $12 each. Price hikes apply to seats for clubs...
- Posted January 19, 2017
- Peter Sirmon hired as football’s new defensive coordinator
By Mike Gilpatrick– Bobby Petrino found a replacement for football’s defensive coordinator position: Mississippi State’s Peter Sirmon. Before coaching, Sirmon played at Oregon and seven seasons for the Tennessee Titans. Sirmon was the associate head coach, linebacker coach and...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- Football defensive coordinator reportedly leaving for Mississippi State
By Dalton Ray– Football defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has reportedly been hired by Mississippi State for the same position. Grantham spent three years with the Cardinals, joining coach Bobby Petrino in 2014. This season, Louisville finish 11th...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- Louisville smothered in Citrus Bowl, fail to score a touchdown
By Dalton Ray– In their seventh straight bowl game, No. 13 Louisville was dominated by No. 20 LSU in the Citrus Bowl. The injury-riddled Cardinals fell 29-9. The Cards started the year 9-1 but ended on a...
- Posted December 31, 2016
- Citrus Bowl preview: Looking at the LSU Tigers
By Dalton Ray– Looking for their second bowl victory over an SEC team, No. 13 Louisville travels to Orlando, Florida to play No. 20 LSU in the 2016 Citrus Bowl. In their first match-up against U of...
- Posted December 30, 2016
- Q&A with LSU’s ‘The Daily Reveille’
By Dalton Ray– Playing in their seventh consecutive bowl, No. 13 Louisville football aims for their fifth bowl win since 2010 against No. 20 LSU. TLC spoke to Josh Thornton, the sports editor of The Daily Reveille, on...
- Posted December 29, 2016
- U of L’s offensive coordinator suspended for Wakeyleaks
By Kyeland Jackson — Louisville football co-offensive coordinator Lonnie Galloway has been suspended for the Citrus Bowl in connection to leaked Wake Forest plays. First reported by WDRB, Athletic Director Tom Jurich announced the suspension Friday. “It is...
- Posted December 16, 2016
- ACC launch investigation on leaked Wake Forest plays
By Kyeland Jackson — The Atlantic Coast Conference will investigate leaked football play information obtained by the University of Louisville from Wake Forest. “Protecting competitive integrity is fundamental to the Atlantic Coast Conference. The conference office is...
- Posted December 15, 2016
- Brief: Shooting sends two football players to the hospital
By Kyeland Jackson and Brooke Moody– Three victims, including U of L football players James Hearns and Henry Famurewa, were sent to area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries after a shooting at The Retreat Sunday morning. A...
- Posted December 11, 2016
- Cole Hikutini making an impact
By Taylor Webster– Cole Hikutini is big and athletic weapon for Bobby Petrino and Lamar Jackson. At 6-foot-5 and 248 lbs., he is the perfect size for a tight end. Hikutini had a slow start last year...
- Posted October 31, 2016