- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
All posts tagged "Field Hockey"
- Field hockey’s season ends in NCAA tournament
By Dalton Ray– For the third straight year, the Louisville field hockey team fell in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The eighth-ranked Delaware Blue Hens knocked off ninth-ranked Cardinals 1-0, giving Louisville their first shut...
- Posted November 13, 2016
- Louisville field hockey falls 2-1 to Duke
By Matt Bradshaw– Second-ranked Duke handed Louisville field hockey their first loss of the season in U of L’s conference opener. Falling 2-1, Louisville is now 6-1 while Duke churns along to 7-0. “This was our ACC...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- U of L prepares for a huge weekend in sports
By Dalton Ray– Three days, four games and a trio of top-three teams are coming to The Ville. The upcoming three-day stretch for Louisville Athletics is one of the biggest in recent memory. This is exactly what Athletic Director...
- Posted September 14, 2016
- Sowry adds fourth leg in offseason development
By Alan Branch– A time of reflection and evaluation comes after another season for U of L field hockey head coach Justine Sowry. She reflects on the 2015 season, which she felt, “Exceeded her expectations.” The Cards...
- Posted January 28, 2016
- U of L Field Hockey: An impressive season that shines for a brighter future
By Alan Branch– On Nov. 14, the U of L field hockey team’s dreams for a national championship were thwarted in the first round of the NCAA tournament by an undefeated Connecticut team, 3-0. U of L...
- Posted December 3, 2015
- Senior captain Elisa Garcia leads top-ten ranked field hockey
A senior on the U of L field hockey team, Elisa Garcia continues to play the sport that she has loved since she started back at home in Santiago, Chile. Evidently, the same place that inspired her...
- Posted October 19, 2015
- No. 11 Field Hockey fails to pull off an upset, losing to No. 1 Syracuse 2-1
After the U of L women’s soccer team pulled off a thrilling upset against number one North Carolina Thursday night, the eleventh-ranked U of L field hockey team looked to do the same against top-ranked Syracuse the following night. Unfortunately,...
- Posted October 10, 2015
- Field hockey defeats UMass 1-0
Shannon Sloss streaked down the field and found Nicole Woods near the goal box. Woods knocked in the deciding goal in a 1-0 Cardinal victory over UMass at Trager Stadium. “It was a transition from defense to...
- Posted October 4, 2015
- Field hockey falls to Wake Forest 2-1
By Alan Branch– The eighth-ranked U of L field hockey team falls to another ACC opponent, seventh-ranked Wake Forest 2-1 at Trager stadium on Sept. 25. Although Friday’s game had a high level of physicality, there were...
- Posted September 27, 2015
- Field Hockey concludes home schedule with 3-0 win
By Derek Brightwell– The seventh ranked Louisville field hockey team closed out their home season with a 3-0 win over UC Davis on Senior Day. Improving their record to 13-4, finishing 8-1 at home. “Very happy that...
- Posted October 25, 2014