- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
- U of L sororities gear up for spring recruitment
- Kentucky House approves bill abolishing U of L’s Board of Trustees
All posts tagged "elections"
- Vance, Cooksey win in unofficial SGA election results
By Olivia Krauth– Junior Aaron Vance will be U of L’s next SGA president, according to unofficial SGA election results released today. Thank You to everyone! I'm honored and excited to have been elected the next @UofLSGA...
- Posted February 22, 2016
- SGA gets rolling: 5 takeaways from the first Senate meeting
Students are one week into school, and the business of the Student Government Association is already well underway. The SGA held their annual retreat and the first Student Senate meeting of the year at U of L’s...
- Posted August 29, 2015
- Incoming top four talks elections, plan for future
After three weeks of campaigning and a five-hour trial, the SGA election is over. Victoria Allen won with nearly 57 percent of the vote over opponent Philip Moore. “I’m extraordinarily humbled,” said Allen. “This feels like the type...
- Posted March 1, 2015
- Who’s running for SGA?
Today marks the first day of the SGA Election season, so here is the official list of candidates running for office, courtesy of the SGA website: Student Body President: Victoria Allen Philip Moore Executive Vice President: Caitlin...
- Posted February 4, 2015
- SGA elections to be uncontested
By Simon Isham– For the first time in the U of L Student Government Association’s history, the winners have been decided before the voting has even started. Only one candidate campaigned for each of the 14 available...
- Posted January 28, 2014
- Election results delayed another week for third year running
By Simon Isham– Monday, Feb. 18 was the U.S. federal holiday President’s Day, but the University of Louisville did not, at time of press, have a clear winner in the Student Government Association presidential election. Students who...
- Posted February 19, 2013
- SGA elections could revolutionize campus, or simply marketing strategies
By Mason MacFarland– In all levels of government, there’s an amount of marketing genius required to win an election. You have to make difficult decisions about your public identity that will ultimately determine your level of voter...
- Posted February 6, 2013
- CardVision slate wins SGA 2012 election
By James El-Mallakh– After more than three hours of debate extending into early Wednesday morning, four court cases surrounding the SGA elections were resolved and the winners of the election were announced. The candidates for the SGA...
- Posted February 29, 2012
- Cardinal politics: Is the economy decreasing young voter turnout in 2012?
By Anna Meany– Comparing political enthusiasm in young voters of 2012 to that of those in 2008 is difficult. Even though I was only 17, I rallied behind Barack Obama and the democrat party in support of...
- Posted February 28, 2012