- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
- Men’s basketball lands UConn transfer
- Two more women’s basketball players to transfer
- Mariya Moore to transfer
- Police union dispute Ricky Jones’ appointment to police oversight panel
- U of L meets NCAA, expects decision and possible punishment within months
All posts tagged "elections"
- SGA candidates deny rumors of PAC support
By Olivia Krauth– Some Student Government Association members worry outside political action committees are trying to sway the current election, a trend which other universities are facing. SGA Presidential candidate Georgiana “Georgie” Sook and slate partner and Executive...
- Posted February 28, 2017
- Four resolutions passed by SGA Senate
By Shelby Brown– SGA Senate passed four resolutions Feb. 14. Keith Auspland, president of the Kent School of Social Work, represented the Resolution to Bring U of L into ADA Compliance with Braille. A motion changed the name to...
- Posted February 14, 2017
- SGA prepares for upcoming elections, higher education rally
By Brooke Moody and Olivia Krauth– SGA is prepared for upcoming general elections after a successful trial run within the senate. Announced tonight at the SGA Senate meeting, students will now access ballots for SGA elections via...
- Posted January 31, 2017
- SGA incumbents urge students to run for office
By Shelby Brown– Student Government Association election applications are open until Feb. 6 – and incumbents want you to consider running. SGA represents the students’ voice to the administration. Executive, legislative and judicial officers, along with the...
- Posted January 30, 2017
- Vance, Cooksey win in unofficial SGA election results
By Olivia Krauth– Junior Aaron Vance will be U of L’s next SGA president, according to unofficial SGA election results released today. Thank You to everyone! I'm honored and excited to have been elected the next @UofLSGA...
- Posted February 22, 2016
- SGA gets rolling: 5 takeaways from the first Senate meeting
Students are one week into school, and the business of the Student Government Association is already well underway. The SGA held their annual retreat and the first Student Senate meeting of the year at U of L’s...
- Posted August 29, 2015
- Incoming top four talks elections, plan for future
After three weeks of campaigning and a five-hour trial, the SGA election is over. Victoria Allen won with nearly 57 percent of the vote over opponent Philip Moore. “I’m extraordinarily humbled,” said Allen. “This feels like the type...
- Posted March 1, 2015
- Who’s running for SGA?
Today marks the first day of the SGA Election season, so here is the official list of candidates running for office, courtesy of the SGA website: Student Body President: Victoria Allen Philip Moore Executive Vice President: Caitlin...
- Posted February 4, 2015
- SGA elections to be uncontested
By Simon Isham– For the first time in the U of L Student Government Association’s history, the winners have been decided before the voting has even started. Only one candidate campaigned for each of the 14 available...
- Posted January 28, 2014
- Election results delayed another week for third year running
By Simon Isham– Monday, Feb. 18 was the U.S. federal holiday President’s Day, but the University of Louisville did not, at time of press, have a clear winner in the Student Government Association presidential election. Students who...
- Posted February 19, 2013