- Tate Schmitt coming into his own during his sophomore year
- Halloween costumes that won’t empty your wallet
- Netflix picks to watch over Halloween weekend
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan awarded the Brandeis Medal
- James Hearns and Jaire Alexander are playing key roles in Louisville’s defense
- Has the presidential election given you poll-paranoia?
- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
- Waka Flocka Flame ignites homecoming concert
All posts tagged "crime"
- U of L’s twilight zone – crime endangers off-campus students
By Kyeland Jackson– “My first instinct was, ‘I just need to get out of here.'” One night in Old Louisville, blocks from campus, Jessica almost became a victim. A U of L alumni, Jessica had never been the...
- Posted October 22, 2016
- Attempted robbery reported near campus
By Kyeland Jackson — A non-student was the victim of an attempted robbery Tuesday night. U of L police were told of the incident by around midnight. Four hours earlier, the victim claims to be approached by a...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- U of L students dodge carjacking attempt
By Kyeland Jackson — Two university students narrowly avoided becoming carjacking victims Thursday night. Suspects allegedly attempted to carjack the students at around 11:30 p.m. outside The Clubhouse Apartments. The students were seated in their car when...
- Posted October 14, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016
- U of L’s problem is bigger than just crime
By Nick Amon — As many of us are already aware of at this point, crime has become a prevalent issue here at U of L. This shouldn’t come as a shock to students, as reports of...
- Posted September 22, 2016
- Second suspect charged in sexual assaults
By Kyeland Jackson — Louisville Metro Police arrested another suspect in the violent crimes that plagued near campus last week. Eighteen-year-old Dezmeontai Lamont Tinsley was charged with first degree sodomy, first degree robbery and kidnapping an adult. He was arrested...
- Posted September 21, 2016
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
By Kyeland Jackson — A suspect in the violent sexual assaults near campus was arrested Friday. First reported by The Courier-Journal, the 16-year-old suspect is charged with two counts of first degree sodomy, two counts of first degree robbery, two counts...
- Posted September 19, 2016
- Louisville Mayor leads discussion on crime
By Phillip Lentsch– Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer opened discussion on community issues surrounding the downtown area as part of the Yearlings Club’s fall discussion series. The Sept. 18 discussion was led by U of L professor Nat...
- Posted September 18, 2016
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
By Kyeland Jackson & Olivia Krauth — U of L students are on-edge after multiple armed robberies and sexual assaults were reported in Old Louisville last week. A Twitter poll of The Cardinal’s followers found that 60 percent...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- Recent crime spikes make living near campus an edgy task
By Katelyn Hogan –– Every morning, I wake up at 7:00 a.m. and walk to work. I work at the SAC in the early mornings and it’s about a 15-minute walk from my house. I normally don’t mind...
- Posted September 15, 2016