- Bevin names new board of trustees
- Ramsey meets with representatives; assures all is well
- Kelsi Worrell punches ticket to 2016 Rio Olympics
- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
All posts tagged "construction"
- Administration worries more about expansion than student needs
By Ryan Hiles Construction is a word we don’t often think about on any kind of deep level. It’s used ubiquitously as a blanket term for any project in which we see jackhammers, orange cones and traffic....
- Posted August 26, 2015
- Construction delays make Ekstrom renovations overdue
As students return to campus, dust and noise will still be in the air at Ekstrom Library, which is currently undergoing first floor renovations. The renovations, which are the first changes to the first floor since 1981,...
- Posted August 19, 2015
- Are summer classes worth the hassle?
By Annie Moore — Students enrolled in summer courses have faced many obstacles this term, leaving some feeling that getting a leg up isn’t worth the hassle. Construction has taken over the Belknap campus, making it much more...
- Posted August 4, 2015
- PHOTO: New ramp connects campus to Third Street
After being under construction for most of the school year, a new ramp allows for easier driving access from the Belknap campus to Third Street. In the future, it will connect to the Belknap Research Park. ...
- Posted June 10, 2015
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
Cars and pedestrians beware. Campus’ East entrance is getting a facelift at the expense of road congestion. On Jan. 22, construction began on Brook Street as part of a new project to hide utility wiring underneath the...
- Posted January 23, 2015
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos fully demolished
Photos by Laurel Slaughter / The Louisville Cardinal
- Posted September 14, 2014
- Future Belknap research park explained
Despite not having a solidified timeframe or a selected architect, plans of a future Belknap research park were presented to the U of L Foundation during their meeting today. Neville Pinto, dean of the J. B. Speed...
- Posted September 5, 2014
- New Year, New Construction
As U of L students progress in their college careers, they grow accustomed to construction around campus With every new school year comes new projects and the continuation of ongoing ones, and this year is no exception....
- Posted August 26, 2014
- #GroveWatch: Move-in is tomorrow. Will it be done in time?
It was an ambitious timeline from the beginning. The Grove, a $40 million, 250-unit affiliated housing development is largely completed, but large portions remain unfinished. Much of the furniture intended for student rooms remains unplaced and wrapped...
- Posted August 22, 2014
- Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
By Jacob Abrahamson- Students traveling on Fourth Street will notice some changes in their commute soon. Louisville Metro Public Works announced that the road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, adding bike lanes. The...
- Posted July 24, 2014