- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Governor names new U of L trustees
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
All posts tagged "charlie strong"
- Lamar Jackson statistically on par with Teddy Bridgewater
By Dalton Ray– In December of 2010, Louisville football would change forever. Teddy Bridgewater decided to reconsider his commitment to Miami after the Hurricanes fired Randy Shannon. Former coach Charlie Strong swooped right in and Bridgewater committed...
- Posted September 13, 2016
- Charlie Strong still affecting U of L football
By Dalton Ray– Nov. 28, 2009 should be considered a holiday to Louisville fans. That day marked Steve Kragthorpe’s final day as U of L’s head football coach. The hire is the lone blemish in Athletic Director...
- Posted August 30, 2016
- Bobby Petrino back at the helm
By Annie Moore— Former University of Louisville Head Coach Bobby Petrino is taking back the reins of the football program. Petrino was offered the position Wednesday, and his appointment was announced at a press conference and fan reception...
- Posted January 8, 2014
- Charlie Strong takes head coaching job at University of Texas
By Annie Moore Less than a week after losing its starting quarterback, the University of Louisville football program took another big hit on Saturday. Head Football Coach Charlie Strong accepted an offer to become the Head Coach...
- Posted January 4, 2014
- Louisville keeps Keg of Nails
By Annie Moore Teddy Bridgewater led the Cardinal offense to a victory in an overtime thriller against rival Cincinnati in what looks to be the final Keg of Nails, at least for a while. 23 completions in...
- Posted December 9, 2013
- Strong’s first recruiting class changes Louisville football culture
By Sam Draut As 20 seniors walked off the field at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium for the final time after a 24-17 win over Memphis on Saturday, the mood was rather subdued. The 46,421 fans in attendance...
- Posted November 26, 2013
- Football defeats Houston 20-13
By Sam Draut Dominique Brown churned out 137 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns to lead No. 19 Louisville to a 20-13 victory over Houston. “The line did a good job of blocking early for him...
- Posted November 19, 2013
- Football improves to 7-1
By Sam Draut The number 18 University of Louisville football team defeated South Florida 34-3 on Saturday at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. After being dealt its first loss last week, the 7-1 Cardinals were led by...
- Posted October 29, 2013
- Louisville football falls to UCF
By Annie Moore Louisville football proved it was anything but invincible in front of a record crowd at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium Friday night. The Cards were defeated by the University of Central Florida Knights 38-35 in...
- Posted October 21, 2013
- U of L football no longer controls its own destiny
By Sam Draut It’s the problem with pursuit of perfection in college football. As good of a team Louisville is, in a twelve-game season, they were bound to run into a game where the opposing team remained...
- Posted October 21, 2013