- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
- Faculty and staff pursue injunction against Bevin
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
All posts tagged "budget cuts"
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
By Kyeland Jackson — Governor Matt Bevin’s higher education cuts are legal, according to a ruling Wednesday afternoon by Franklin Circuit Court Judge Thomas Wingate. Originally reported by the Courier-Journal, Wingate said two state laws allow the $18...
- Posted May 18, 2016
- Faculty joins fight against governor’s cuts
By Kyeland Jackson & Olivia Krauth — Pan-African Studies Chair Ricky Jones said he will be joining the legal suit against Governor Matt Bevin. The suit is part of Attorney General Andy Beshear’s promise to pursue legal action against...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Attorney general sues governor over university cuts
By Kyeland Jackson — Attorney general Andy Beshear said he will sue Governor Matt Bevin today. The action comes two weeks after talks on the budget proposal in the General Assembly fell through, prompting Bevin to issue an immediate 4.5 percent cut...
- Posted April 11, 2016
- U of L hit with a $6.5 million cut
By Kyeland Jackson — On the heels of a departmental survey preparing for budget cuts, Governor Matt Bevin Thursday ordered an immediate 4.5 percent cut to higher education. By Friday afternoon Attorney General Andy Beshear declared that...
- Posted April 2, 2016
- Financial woes voiced at tuition meeting
By Kyeland Jackson — Presenting to students from health sciences and other departments, speakers discussed the problem of rising tuition. One of the primary concerns revolved around budget cuts forwarded through Governor Matt Bevin’s order. Dean of Students...
- Posted April 1, 2016
- Graduation numbers mislead students
By Christopher Acree– While residency issues compelled her to pick U of L over other schools in the state, senior Elizabeth Hurd moved here from Oklahoma, and she did her research. “I looked at (U of...
- Posted March 3, 2016
- Proposed budget cuts hit U of L hard
By Nick Amon– Governor Matt Bevin proposed a state budget that would significantly cut funding for higher-education across the commonwealth. Executive action will cut 4.5 percent of the current budget immediately. A grotesque nine percent will be cut...
- Posted January 28, 2016
- Brief: Ky. Senate passes budget
By Kaylee Ratliff– The Kentucky Senate passed their version of the biennial budget on March 24. The Senate version restores some of the funds previously cut to higher education. “Testimony on the floor indicated that the Senate...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- The War on Higher Education: Budget cuts increase cost of college
By Stewart Lewis– “I am determined to reinvest in education with this upcoming budget,” the Democratic governor said while meeting with reporters in his Capitol office. “So if I have to cut some other areas to do...
- Posted February 25, 2014
- Board of Trustees approve new positions
By Kaylee Ratliff– U of L’s Board of Trustees approved two new positions this past Thursday. A senior vice president for finance and administration and a vice president for strategy and general counsel will be hired “very...
- Posted February 19, 2014