- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersectional identities
- Attorney General Asks Students to Fight Sexual Assault
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ stuns as live-action remake
- Trump rally draws supporters and protesters
- Mariya Moore leads women’s basketball to Sweet 16
- Ed Sheeran creates poetic masterpiece in ‘÷’
- Student killed at gallery shootout
All posts tagged "Baylee Pulliam"
- U of L decides not to extend academic school year
By Baylee Pulliam– Last semester, the University of Louisville considered adding class time or crossing through fall break to meet a new requirement from its accreditation board. But don’t cancel your fall break plans just yet. “The...
- Posted April 17, 2012
- Cards and Cats watch the game peacefully at LGBT conference
By Baylee Pulliam– As the clock wound down on the Cardinals’ Final Four run Saturday night, U of Lers, clad in red and throwing up the “L” sign on one hand, welcomed students from their in-state rival...
- Posted April 3, 2012
- A tale of two cities: Louisville experiences calm as Lexington riots
By Baylee Pulliam– Folks in Louisville and Lexington are still recovering from Saturday’s University of Louisville vs. the University of Kentucky Final Four matchup. In Lexington, city offices are cleaning up after a night of Cats fans’...
- Posted April 3, 2012
- Athletics Department rejects Mayor’s offer to host Final Four pep rally
By Baylee Pulliam– The University of Louisville Athletics Department has rejected Mayor Greg Fischer’s proposal to host a community pep rally in advance of Saturday’s Final Four game against the University of Kentucky wildcats. The pep rally,...
- Posted March 27, 2012
- Card fans ‘go nuts’ over Florida win
By Baylee Pulliam and James El-Mallakh– The Cardinals advanced to the NCAA Final Four, after a 72:68 comeback against the University of Florida Gators on Saturday. And fans in Louisville let the world know it, with wild...
- Posted March 26, 2012
- Stop, look, don’t listen: wearers of earbuds are more at risk on the road
By Baylee Pulliam– Listen up, earbud users – It might just save your life. A new case study done by the University of Maryland shows the number of earbud-wearing pedestrians being hit by cars has more than...
- Posted March 22, 2012
- In the aftermath of a disaster, Henryville picks up the pieces
By Baylee Pulliam– HENRYVILLE, Ind. – On Sunday morning, the Rev. Steve Schaftlein surveyed the little chapel of the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, and saw a congregation battered, tired and thankful. About 150 people came...
- Posted March 5, 2012
- In food, a battle of ‘Good vs. Evil’
By Baylee Pulliam– There’s an old tradition for properly raising, preparing and eating an ortolan, a small songbird native to France. The bird is kept in a dark cage and forced to gorge itself until it’s round...
- Posted February 21, 2012
- UC Riverside students propose alternative tuition repayment plan
By Baylee Pulliam– Madison Weakley graduated from the University of Louisville with a degree in political science, limited job prospects and $16,500 in student loans. “It’s tough,” said Weakley, who plans on taking a second job to...
- Posted February 14, 2012
- University benefactor Bernard Trager dead at 83
By Baylee Pulliam Bernard Trager, University of Louisville benefactor and former Board of Overseers chairman, died Friday. He was 83. He began his career in the field of banking and finance in 1952. He was the chairman,...
- Posted February 11, 2012