- Trump rally reveals disconnect between message and action
- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
All posts tagged "baseball"
- No. 1 baseball sweeps Boston College
By Jordan Shim– The top-ranked baseball team (19-0) completed their fourth consecutive sweep, defeating Boston College (6-11) 5-3. The 19-game win streak is the longest in the school’s history. Final score: Louisville- 5, Boston- 3 Stats: Junior Devin...
- Posted March 20, 2017
- Top-ranked baseball blasts Xavier 13-4
By Micah Brown– In their first game ranked as the top team in the country, No. 1 baseball (16-0, 3-0) defeated Xavier 13-4. The Cards started off the game by surrendering three runs to the Musketeers (7-10)...
- Posted March 15, 2017
- Baseball beats Pitt 3-1 to remain only undefeated team in the country
By Jordan Shim- The No. 5 ranked Louisville baseball team (15-0) completed the sweep of Pittsburgh (7-8) winning 3-1 at Jim Patterson Stadium. U of L remains the only undefeated team in the country. Final Score: Louisville –...
- Posted March 12, 2017
- Baseball completes sweep of Omaha in 6-0 win
By Jordan Shim– The eighth-ranked Louisville (7-0) baseball team completed the sweep of Omaha (1-7), winning 6-0 on Feb. 26. Freshman pitcher Michael McAvene turned in his best collegiate outing, striking out 11 in five innings in...
- Posted February 26, 2017
- Baseball ranked No. 8 by USA Today
By Mike Gilpatrick– For the fifth time this preseason, the baseball team is ranked in a preseason top 25. USA Today listed the Cards at No. 8 in their preseason poll, released on Jan. 26. They are...
- Posted January 27, 2017
- Looking back at five questions of U of L Athletics in 2016
By Dalton Ray– Earlier this year, The Cardinal released U of L Athletics’ five best moments of 2015. In that article, the second half included five questions for 2016. As July begins, nearly all of the questions have been answered....
- Posted July 4, 2016
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- Baseball blows out Virginia Tech 13-0
By Jacob Kupferman– Louisville’s Diamond Heritage Day certainly went the way the fourth-ranked Cardinal baseball team wanted on Sunday afternoon. Virginia Tech started this season 10-5, but have struggled since, and entered Sunday’s contest on a 12-game...
- Posted April 3, 2016
- Rapid Reaction: Baseball falls to Virginia
By Sam Draut– Seventh-ranked Louisville baseball fell to ninth-ranked Virginia on Friday 6-3 in the first of a three-game series at Patterson Stadium. Virginia hit two three-run home runs and the Cardinal offense was held in check by...
- Posted March 25, 2016
- Baseball and softball 11-1 in ACC play
By Dalton Ray & Derek Brightwell Baseball The top-ten ranked Cardinals continued their dominant play against ACC opponents in their inaugural season in the league with a three-game sweep of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, improving its...
- Posted March 31, 2015