- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
- Faculty and staff pursue injunction against Bevin
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
All posts tagged "baseball"
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- Baseball blows out Virginia Tech 13-0
By Jacob Kupferman– Louisville’s Diamond Heritage Day certainly went the way the fourth-ranked Cardinal baseball team wanted on Sunday afternoon. Virginia Tech started this season 10-5, but have struggled since, and entered Sunday’s contest on a 12-game...
- Posted April 3, 2016
- Rapid Reaction: Baseball falls to Virginia
By Sam Draut– Seventh-ranked Louisville baseball fell to ninth-ranked Virginia on Friday 6-3 in the first of a three-game series at Patterson Stadium. Virginia hit two three-run home runs and the Cardinal offense was held in check by...
- Posted March 25, 2016
- Baseball and softball 11-1 in ACC play
By Dalton Ray & Derek Brightwell Baseball The top-ten ranked Cardinals continued their dominant play against ACC opponents in their inaugural season in the league with a three-game sweep of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, improving its...
- Posted March 31, 2015
- Dan McDonnell’s Culture of Winning
By Noah Allison– Over the past two years, Louisville is the only school in the nation to have back-to-back trips to the College World Series of baseball in Omaha, Nebraska. A school that stands out as a...
- Posted March 14, 2015
- Pitching staff reloaded, ready to roll
By Derek Brightwell– In years past, Louisville’s success has been predicated on the strength of its pitching. As 2015 comes into fruition, nothing has changed. Led by juniors Kyle Funkhouser and Anthony Kidston, Louisville’s pitching staff will...
- Posted March 13, 2015
- NCAA’s New Baseballs fly further, travel faster
By Derek Brightwell– Fans going to a college baseball game may notice a change in the style of the game, but may have a hard time finding what’s different. Starting in the 2015 season, the NCAA is...
- Posted March 12, 2015
- 2015 Baseball: Destination Omaha
By Derek Brightwell– Three years ago, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell sat in front of his team and told them that they would make the trip to Omaha the next three years. That may have seemed like...
- Posted March 11, 2015
- Update: Louisville Baseball’s first month
By Derek Brightwell– The start of the 2015 season for the Louisville Cardinal baseball team has been a rough one. Cold weather at home has caused three games to be postponed, and lead to three double-headers in...
- Posted March 11, 2015
- Baseball goes 2-1 in weekend series with Xavier
By Derek Brightwell– Saturday After cold temperatures postponed Friday’s game against Xavier, the Cards took advice from Chicago Cubs great, the late Ernie Banks, and played two. In game one, the Cards fell 2-1 to the Musketeers,...
- Posted March 2, 2015