- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
All posts tagged "baseball"
- Looking back at five questions of U of L Athletics in 2016
By Dalton Ray– Earlier this year, The Cardinal released U of L Athletics’ five best moments of 2015. In that article, the second half included five questions for 2016. As July begins, nearly all of the questions have been answered....
- Posted July 4, 2016
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- Baseball blows out Virginia Tech 13-0
By Jacob Kupferman– Louisville’s Diamond Heritage Day certainly went the way the fourth-ranked Cardinal baseball team wanted on Sunday afternoon. Virginia Tech started this season 10-5, but have struggled since, and entered Sunday’s contest on a 12-game...
- Posted April 3, 2016
- Rapid Reaction: Baseball falls to Virginia
By Sam Draut– Seventh-ranked Louisville baseball fell to ninth-ranked Virginia on Friday 6-3 in the first of a three-game series at Patterson Stadium. Virginia hit two three-run home runs and the Cardinal offense was held in check by...
- Posted March 25, 2016
- Baseball and softball 11-1 in ACC play
By Dalton Ray & Derek Brightwell Baseball The top-ten ranked Cardinals continued their dominant play against ACC opponents in their inaugural season in the league with a three-game sweep of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, improving its...
- Posted March 31, 2015
- Dan McDonnell’s Culture of Winning
By Noah Allison– Over the past two years, Louisville is the only school in the nation to have back-to-back trips to the College World Series of baseball in Omaha, Nebraska. A school that stands out as a...
- Posted March 14, 2015
- Pitching staff reloaded, ready to roll
By Derek Brightwell– In years past, Louisville’s success has been predicated on the strength of its pitching. As 2015 comes into fruition, nothing has changed. Led by juniors Kyle Funkhouser and Anthony Kidston, Louisville’s pitching staff will...
- Posted March 13, 2015
- NCAA’s New Baseballs fly further, travel faster
By Derek Brightwell– Fans going to a college baseball game may notice a change in the style of the game, but may have a hard time finding what’s different. Starting in the 2015 season, the NCAA is...
- Posted March 12, 2015
- 2015 Baseball: Destination Omaha
By Derek Brightwell– Three years ago, Louisville head coach Dan McDonnell sat in front of his team and told them that they would make the trip to Omaha the next three years. That may have seemed like...
- Posted March 11, 2015
- Update: Louisville Baseball’s first month
By Derek Brightwell– The start of the 2015 season for the Louisville Cardinal baseball team has been a rough one. Cold weather at home has caused three games to be postponed, and lead to three double-headers in...
- Posted March 11, 2015