- SGA election ballots clog under new system
- The Cardinal endorses Vishnu Tirumala for SGA President
- International Roundtable starts conversations over dinner
- RaiseRED brings over $450,000 to oncology and hematology research
- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
All posts by Simon Isham
- DIY Spring Break cocktails that won’t break the bank
By Simon Isham– For many students college can be a cocktail of low finances, high stress and bad judgment. These three factors result in some of the most ill-advised liquor and mixer combinations. If you’ve ever mixed vodka...
- Posted January 20, 2016
- Hallo-out your bottle with these drinking games
By Simon Isham– Let me give you a piece of advice, kid: don’t start a full-time job or grad school until you’re 21. In the last year, I’ve done both, and it’s terrible. Sometimes, you just need...
- Posted October 24, 2015
- Charles Koch wants to rewrite your syllabi
By James McNair– This article was produced by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, a new nonprofit newsroom from Louisville Public Media. You can read more at kycir.org. Declines in state appropriations and negative financial trends have made American...
- Posted December 9, 2014
- Kentucky companies receive high LGBT equality ratings
The Human Rights Campaign, the country’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, recently released its Corporate Equality Index, which assesses the climate of and benefits afforded to LGBT employees. Four Kentucky companies were ranked in the 2015 index....
- Posted December 4, 2014
- U of L sets new record in sexual health rankings
No glove, no love from U of L students. The university was recently ranked 16th out of 140 schools in a sexual health education index, a new record for the university. The Trojan Sexual Health Report Card,...
- Posted November 10, 2014
- More shades, less shade: New student group founded for LGBT students of color
Jose Antonio Vargas is a gay Filipino. Janet Mock is a black trans woman. Richard Blanco is a gay Latino. They share a few things in common: all are accomplished writers. All have been keynote speakers at...
- Posted November 7, 2014
- Student group lobbies for concealed firearms on campus
A recent spike in crime has prompted some students to seek to change U of L’s deadly weapons policy. Currently, U of L specifically prohibits possession of deadly weapons, even for those with licensed for concealed carry....
- Posted November 4, 2014
- YikYak takes over Lexington, surges in Louisville
Graphic by Simon Isham. Data from YikYak.
- Posted October 31, 2014
- Students clean up a grave situation
Laura Valentine has never been scared of graveyards. Valentine grew up near Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, a well-kept veterans cemetery with a US president buried in it. Now a senior anthropology major at U of L, she...
- Posted October 26, 2014
- Review: Danger Run a hit, long wait times a miss
I’d wanted to try the the Danger Run since I first heard of it four years ago, but something always went wrong and I could never make it. This year, Danger Run’s 20th anniversary, the attraction sent...
- Posted October 26, 2014