- IRS turns eye on Ramsey and administration
- SACS confirms accreditation worries
- Don’t buy the hype on Louisville football this year
- Board increases tuition, other fees
- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
- One non-student shot near Bettie Johnson Hall
All posts by Olivia Krauth
- Here’s what you missed this summer
By Olivia Krauth– After a news-heavy school year, U of L remained in the headlines over summer break. Former president James Ramsey’s resignation and the controversial decision to remove the Confederate statue from campus were top stories in...
- Posted August 26, 2016
- Officials still on payroll, made $500,000 since FBI probe began
By Olivia Krauth– After eight months and a fiscal year change, two U of L officials remain on paid leave due to a FBI investigation. The two pulled in a combined $328,000 in the three months after the...
- Posted July 16, 2016
- U of L student, TLC writer dies
By Olivia Krauth– Weeks away from completing his degree, U of L senior and former Cardinal writer Ryan Considine suddenly passed away on July 10. Born in Indianapolis, Considine graduated from McNicholas High School in Cincinnati in...
- Posted July 14, 2016
- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
By Olivia Krauth– The three constituency representatives on U of L’s Board of Trustees will be meeting with President James Ramsey on Monday. SGA President Aaron Vance confirmed the meeting. Vance said they may be briefed on...
- Posted June 24, 2016
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
By Olivia Krauth and Kyeland Jackson — U of L President James Ramsey will step down and the entire board of trustees will be replaced, Governor Matt Bevin announced Friday morning–surprising even the trustees, who were not...
- Posted June 17, 2016
- U of L low on endowment return list
By Olivia Krauth– U of L has one of the lowest returns amounts in Kentucky public higher education, according to five years’ worth of data examined by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting. The story, released today,...
- Posted May 25, 2016
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
Happy Derby Day! Check back here throughout the day for live coverage from the Cardinal’s staff at Churchill Downs. Use #TLCDerby to interact with us on social media. 6:50 p.m.: Nyquist is the winner of the Kentucky...
- Posted May 7, 2016
- A student’s guide to surviving Derby season
By Olivia Krauth– In case you haven’t noticed, the Kentucky Derby is a huge deal, both in the area and in the horse-racing world. Because Churchill Downs is in U of L’s backyard, students who stick around...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Sanders rallies in Louisville during Indiana win
By Olivia Krauth & Kyeland Jackson– As the votes were tallied for his win in Indiana’s primary, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke to around 7,000 people at Waterfront Park May 3. The senator discussed his...
- Posted May 4, 2016
- Student suit against Powell dismissed
By Olivia Krauth– A Jefferson County Circuit Court judge dismissed a lawsuit brought by U of L students against Katina Powell today. Kyle Hornback and other students sued Powell, the author of “Breaking Cardinal Rules,” in November,...
- Posted May 3, 2016