- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
- Softball is willing to embrace the challenge in 2017
- Recapping a buzzing weekend in U of L athletics
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
- Panda Express comes to campus
All posts by Olivia Krauth
- SGA to consider rebuking outside contributions
By Olivia Krauth– The SGA Senate will consider legislation denouncing outside campaign contributions for SGA candidates during their Jan. 31 meeting. The resolution, co-authored by Landon Lauder, Paul Thompson and Lily Assgari, would “strongly discourage” monetary and...
- Posted January 30, 2017
- New dining options delayed
By Olivia Krauth– Belknap students will have to wait a little longer for new dining options this semester. Four on-campus eateries set to open the first week of classes will be delayed, according to Associate Vice President...
- Posted January 8, 2017
- Plan to abolish board of trustees headed to House vote
By Olivia Krauth– Senate Bill 12, which would abolish U of L’s Board of Trustees, passed a committee vote 13-5 today. If enacted, the bill would reduce the board to 10 appointed members, which Gov. Matt Bevin...
- Posted January 6, 2017
- Legislation could re-appoint Bevin’s board
By Olivia Krauth– Updated: Jan. 4 at 1:25 p.m. If passed, a Kentucky house bill could confirm Gov. Matt Bevin’s reorganization of U of L’s Board of Trustees, which led to U of L being placed on probation...
- Posted January 3, 2017
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
By Olivia Krauth– SGA approved the 2017-2018 operating budget, new election rules and a resolution to ask for a student spot on the U of L Foundation board in their last senate meeting of the semester tonight....
- Posted November 29, 2016
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
By Olivia Krauth– More than a year has elapsed since The Cardinal discovered months-long waits and inadequate staffing at the U of L Counseling Center. Despite adding staff and growing concerns over student mental health, the center...
- Posted November 27, 2016
- Four takeaways from Nov. 1 SGA Senate meeting
By Olivia Krauth– U of L’s SGA Senate met tonight. Here are the top four things you need to know from their meeting. SGA budget on the horizon Senator Landon Lauder announced the 2017-2018 SGA budget has...
- Posted November 1, 2016
- The Cardinal hits 10,000 published online stories
By Olivia Krauth– The Louisville Cardinal published its 10,000th online article this week. The lucky article, titled “Women’s soccer season ends with 2-1 loss to Virginia,” covers the last regular season women’s soccer game and was written by sports...
- Posted October 28, 2016
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
By Olivia Krauth– With new off-campus housing options opening yearly, are students getting safe, affordable housing around U of L? The aesthetic of junior communication major Austin Browning’s cottage at The Retreat is best described as “frat...
- Posted September 27, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016