- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
- U of L sororities gear up for spring recruitment
- Kentucky House approves bill abolishing U of L’s Board of Trustees
All posts by Olivia Krauth
- New dining options delayed
By Olivia Krauth– Belknap students will have to wait a little longer for new dining options this semester. Four on-campus eateries set to open the first week of classes will be delayed, according to Associate Vice President...
- Posted January 8, 2017
- Plan to abolish board of trustees headed to House vote
By Olivia Krauth– Senate Bill 12, which would abolish U of L’s Board of Trustees, passed a committee vote 13-5 today. If enacted, the bill would reduce the board to 10 appointed members, which Gov. Matt Bevin...
- Posted January 6, 2017
- Legislation could re-appoint Bevin’s board
By Olivia Krauth– Updated: Jan. 4 at 1:25 p.m. If passed, a Kentucky house bill could confirm Gov. Matt Bevin’s reorganization of U of L’s Board of Trustees, which led to U of L being placed on probation...
- Posted January 3, 2017
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
By Olivia Krauth– SGA approved the 2017-2018 operating budget, new election rules and a resolution to ask for a student spot on the U of L Foundation board in their last senate meeting of the semester tonight....
- Posted November 29, 2016
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
By Olivia Krauth– More than a year has elapsed since The Cardinal discovered months-long waits and inadequate staffing at the U of L Counseling Center. Despite adding staff and growing concerns over student mental health, the center...
- Posted November 27, 2016
- Four takeaways from Nov. 1 SGA Senate meeting
By Olivia Krauth– U of L’s SGA Senate met tonight. Here are the top four things you need to know from their meeting. SGA budget on the horizon Senator Landon Lauder announced the 2017-2018 SGA budget has...
- Posted November 1, 2016
- The Cardinal hits 10,000 published online stories
By Olivia Krauth– The Louisville Cardinal published its 10,000th online article this week. The lucky article, titled “Women’s soccer season ends with 2-1 loss to Virginia,” covers the last regular season women’s soccer game and was written by sports...
- Posted October 28, 2016
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
By Olivia Krauth– With new off-campus housing options opening yearly, are students getting safe, affordable housing around U of L? The aesthetic of junior communication major Austin Browning’s cottage at The Retreat is best described as “frat...
- Posted September 27, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016
- SGA to ask for necessary racial minorities on board of trustees
By Olivia Krauth– SGA adopted the official position that Governor Matt Bevin should appoint the necessary racial minority members to U of L’s Board of Trustees in their senate meeting tonight. The resolution said the current board...
- Posted September 20, 2016