- What Grinds My Gears: October Edition
- Tate Schmitt coming into his own during his sophomore year
- Halloween costumes that won’t empty your wallet
- Netflix picks to watch over Halloween weekend
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan awarded the Brandeis Medal
- James Hearns and Jaire Alexander are playing key roles in Louisville’s defense
- Has the presidential election given you poll-paranoia?
- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
All posts by Olivia Krauth
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
By Olivia Krauth– With new off-campus housing options opening yearly, are students getting safe, affordable housing around U of L? The aesthetic of junior communication major Austin Browning’s cottage at The Retreat is best described as “frat...
- Posted September 27, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016
- SGA to ask for necessary racial minorities on board of trustees
By Olivia Krauth– SGA adopted the official position that Governor Matt Bevin should appoint the necessary racial minority members to U of L’s Board of Trustees in their senate meeting tonight. The resolution said the current board...
- Posted September 20, 2016
- Official under investigation retirement details revealed
By Olivia Krauth– After being on paid leave for 10 months, U of L’s VP of IT Priscilla Hancock is set to retire Oct. 1. Hancock has been under FBI investigation for potential misuse of grant money...
- Posted September 20, 2016
- Official under investigation set to retire
By Olivia Krauth– One of two U of L officials on paid leave and under FBI investigation will retire at the end of this month. Priscilla Hancock, the vice president of information technology, is retiring Oct. 1,...
- Posted September 8, 2016
- U of L answers dining questions
By Olivia Krauth– In Aramark’s first two weeks of being U of L’s dining partner, U of L Associate Vice President for Business Affairs Mark Watkins estimates they’ve seen two to three million transactions and received positive...
- Posted September 3, 2016
- Here’s what you missed this summer
By Olivia Krauth– After a news-heavy school year, U of L remained in the headlines over summer break. Former president James Ramsey’s resignation and the controversial decision to remove the Confederate statue from campus were top stories in...
- Posted August 26, 2016
- Officials still on payroll, made $500,000 since FBI probe began
By Olivia Krauth– After eight months and a fiscal year change, two U of L officials remain on paid leave due to a FBI investigation. The two pulled in a combined $328,000 in the three months after the...
- Posted July 16, 2016
- U of L student, TLC writer dies
By Olivia Krauth– Weeks away from completing his degree, U of L senior and former Cardinal writer Ryan Considine suddenly passed away on July 10. Born in Indianapolis, Considine graduated from McNicholas High School in Cincinnati in...
- Posted July 14, 2016
- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
By Olivia Krauth– The three constituency representatives on U of L’s Board of Trustees will be meeting with President James Ramsey on Monday. SGA President Aaron Vance confirmed the meeting. Vance said they may be briefed on...
- Posted June 24, 2016