- U of L reveals major parking changes
- IRS turns eye on Ramsey and administration
- SACS confirms accreditation worries
- Don’t buy the hype on Louisville football this year
- Board increases tuition, other fees
- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
All posts by Jacob Abrahamson
- “Survey says…”: A&S faculty gauge morale with survey
This is a follow-up to stories from Sept. 17, Sept. 21 and Oct. 9. Three weeks after a faculty meeting about concerns with College of Arts & Sciences leadership, a survey has been released to A&S faculty,...
- Posted October 15, 2015
- Kempf-Leonard responds to criticism from Jones
This is a follow-up to a story from Sept. 17 and Sept. 21. A&S Dean Kimberly Kempf-Leonard has responded to criticism in her “Monday Memo” to faculty and in a meeting she called with Ricky Jones. Jones, chair...
- Posted October 9, 2015
- Texting Terror: Students fall victim to messaging incidents
By Brooke Moody & Jacob Abrahamson– U of L students may not be secure in GroupMe or on mass texting services, as a Living Learning Community and sorority discovered when classes started Aug. 24. The two seemingly...
- Posted September 21, 2015
- A&S Faculty criticize dean, U of L administration in meeting
This story is a follow up to last week’s report, available here. More than 60 faculty and staff gathered on Monday to express concerns about the direction of U of L’s College of Arts and Sciences. The meeting,...
- Posted September 21, 2015
- Jones criticizes A&S administration, calls for meeting
A “vicious” work climate in the College of Arts and Sciences has prompted Ricky Jones, chair of U of L’s Pan-African Studies department, to call a meeting Monday to discuss the work culture at the college. Jones...
- Posted September 17, 2015
- Dana Mayton leaves U of L for Conway campaign
By Jacob Abrahamson– The University of Louisville’s head lobbyist, Dana Mayton, has left the University to join Jack Conway’s campaign for governor. Mayton, who since 2011 has served as U of L’s senior vice president for governmental...
- Posted September 6, 2015
- Silent protest takes place at Board of Trustees meeting
Outside the U of L Board of Trustees meeting in Grawemeyer Hall, representatives of the African-American community staged a silent protest of Gov. Steve Beshear’s appointments to the Board. Under Kentucky state law, the board must “reflect...
- Posted September 3, 2015
- SGA gets rolling: 5 takeaways from the first Senate meeting
Students are one week into school, and the business of the Student Government Association is already well underway. The SGA held their annual retreat and the first Student Senate meeting of the year at U of L’s...
- Posted August 29, 2015
- Hebert out as U of L spokesperson
Mark Hebert has stepped aside as U of L spokesperson in order to take a position as director of programming and production in the Office of Communications and Marketing. Hebert has been with U of L since...
- Posted August 28, 2015
- Construction delays make Ekstrom renovations overdue
As students return to campus, dust and noise will still be in the air at Ekstrom Library, which is currently undergoing first floor renovations. The renovations, which are the first changes to the first floor since 1981,...
- Posted August 19, 2015