- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
- Official under investigation set to retire
- University of Louisville Foundation cancels meeting
All posts by Eiman Zuberi
- Students learn about other cultures at Fall Fest
By Eiman Zuberi– The Cultural Center’s Fall Fest demonstrated different cultures to hundreds of guests at the Red Barn Aug. 31. Dominique “Dom” McShan, the service coordinator for the culture center, had helped organize the event. His job...
- Posted September 2, 2016
- Pinto meets students over ice cream
By Eiman Zuberi– New, returning and transfer students had the opportunity to meet with acting President Neville Pinto at two ice cream socials on Aug. 30. The back-to-back socials in front of Miller Hall and in the SRC...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- Move-in brings excited freshmen
By Eiman Zuberi– As upperclassmen start making last minute preparations for another semester, freshmen from all over the country are preparing to call U of L home for the next couple of years. The new incoming class is...
- Posted August 24, 2016
- Demonstrating the power of activism
By Eiman Zuberi– U of L prides itself on promoting a diverse community and providing a culturally aware atmosphere. The Student Code of Conduct says U of L is “committed to tolerance, diversity and respect for differences.”...
- Posted April 17, 2016
- Track and field athlete crowned Miss Black U of L
By Eiman Zuberi– Junior Alexis Murry can usually be seen sporting a track and field jacket and running shoes. But now, she has temporarily traded her athletic gear for a sash and a crown. The track athlete...
- Posted April 6, 2016
- Students react to Honors housing change
By Eiman Zuberi– It’s official, Threlkeld Hall, the traditional style housing unit that freshmen Honors students have called home since anyone can remember, will no longer be the Honors dorm. As of Fall 2016, Kurz Hall will...
- Posted April 1, 2016
- Preview: ‘Take Back the Night’ event aims to protest violence
By Eiman Zuberi– Roughly one in five women will be sexually assaulted in college. Chances are, whether you are aware of it or not, someone you know has experienced sexual assault. The PEACC Center is hosting their annual...
- Posted March 26, 2016
- Student feels Trump’s ire
By Eiman Zuberi — Pushed. Attacked. Berated. A University of Louisville junior made national headlines after being physically and verbally assaulted at a Donald Trump rally March 1. Kashiya Nwanguma attended the rally at the downtown convention...
- Posted March 8, 2016
- The Louisville pizza scene doesn’t disappoint
By Eiman Zuberi– Fun fact: 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month. Whether it be for lunch, dinner or even breakfast, pizza is an American favorite. If you’re craving a hot, cheesy pie,...
- Posted February 25, 2016
- Kyle Hornback crowned Miss Kentucky USA
By Eiman Zuberi– The Miss USA pageant is known for glitz and glamour. It’s a nationally broadcast event consisting of women from every state competing for the crown. For the second year in a row, Kentucky will...
- Posted February 11, 2016