- Mayor threatened with lawsuit for Confederate statue removal
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
- New business center aims for efficiency
- A&S to pilot new community service app
- Board of Trustees cancels no-confidence discussion
- Follett selected as new U of L bookstore partner
- Editor’s note: 10 things I learned as EIC
- COO says audit has strengthened financial controls
All posts by Eiman Zuberi
- Demonstrating the power of activism
By Eiman Zuberi– U of L prides itself on promoting a diverse community and providing a culturally aware atmosphere. The Student Code of Conduct says U of L is “committed to tolerance, diversity and respect for differences.”...
- Posted April 17, 2016
- Track and field athlete crowned Miss Black U of L
By Eiman Zuberi– Junior Alexis Murry can usually be seen sporting a track and field jacket and running shoes. But now, she has temporarily traded her athletic gear for a sash and a crown. The track athlete...
- Posted April 6, 2016
- Students react to Honors housing change
By Eiman Zuberi– It’s official, Threlkeld Hall, the traditional style housing unit that freshmen Honors students have called home since anyone can remember, will no longer be the Honors dorm. As of Fall 2016, Kurz Hall will...
- Posted April 1, 2016
- Preview: ‘Take Back the Night’ event aims to protest violence
By Eiman Zuberi– Roughly one in five women will be sexually assaulted in college. Chances are, whether you are aware of it or not, someone you know has experienced sexual assault. The PEACC Center is hosting their annual...
- Posted March 26, 2016
- Student feels Trump’s ire
By Eiman Zuberi — Pushed. Attacked. Berated. A University of Louisville junior made national headlines after being physically and verbally assaulted at a Donald Trump rally March 1. Kashiya Nwanguma attended the rally at the downtown convention...
- Posted March 8, 2016
- The Louisville pizza scene doesn’t disappoint
By Eiman Zuberi– Fun fact: 93 percent of Americans have eaten pizza in the last month. Whether it be for lunch, dinner or even breakfast, pizza is an American favorite. If you’re craving a hot, cheesy pie,...
- Posted February 25, 2016
- Kyle Hornback crowned Miss Kentucky USA
By Eiman Zuberi– The Miss USA pageant is known for glitz and glamour. It’s a nationally broadcast event consisting of women from every state competing for the crown. For the second year in a row, Kentucky will...
- Posted February 11, 2016
- Let’s talk about the friendzone
By Eiman Zuberi– The “friendzone” is the downfall of college students everywhere. Feelings can be hurt, friendships can be broken and self esteems can get dragged down. It can happen to anyone, at any point in their...
- Posted February 6, 2016
- Meet Miss Black Kentucky USA 2015, Adria Neal
By Eiman Zuberi– When most people think of pageants, they think of sashes, crowns, gowns and beautiful women. Although that is what the on-screen perpetration of a beauty pageant is, there is so much more. Each woman has...
- Posted January 28, 2016
- Students prep spring break plans
By Eiman Zuberi– This year for spring break, the Cardinals will be scattered across the country, and in some cases, across the globe. See where some of your fellow classmates are spending their spring breaks. “I’m going...
- Posted January 22, 2016