- SGA election ballots clog under new system
- The Cardinal endorses Vishnu Tirumala for SGA President
- International Roundtable starts conversations over dinner
- RaiseRED brings over $450,000 to oncology and hematology research
- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
All posts by Eiman Zuberi
- Straight outta Unitas: Student rap group starts music career
By Eiman Zuberi– If you attended October’s Waka Flocka concert or November’s Lil Uzi Vert concert, chances are you heard the opening band, The Homies. Who are The Homies? Well, three of them could be your classmates. Chauncy...
- Posted November 17, 2016
- Waka Flocka Flame ignites homecoming concert
By Eiman Zuberi– The Student Activities Board held its fourth annual Homecoming concert. This year’s headliner was none other than Waka Flocka Flame, a rapper best known for his Billboard’s Hot 100 song “No Hands.” Flame, whose...
- Posted October 23, 2016
- Meet the Athlete: Brandon Radcliff
By Eiman Zuberi– He may currently be one of the nation’s leaders in yards per carry, 8.41, but running back Brandon Radcliff isn’t done yet. The senior made his mark on U of L’s football team, but now...
- Posted October 3, 2016
- Students learn about other cultures at Fall Fest
By Eiman Zuberi– The Cultural Center’s Fall Fest demonstrated different cultures to hundreds of guests at the Red Barn Aug. 31. Dominique “Dom” McShan, the service coordinator for the culture center, had helped organize the event. His job...
- Posted September 2, 2016
- Pinto meets students over ice cream
By Eiman Zuberi– New, returning and transfer students had the opportunity to meet with acting President Neville Pinto at two ice cream socials on Aug. 30. The back-to-back socials in front of Miller Hall and in the SRC...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- Move-in brings excited freshmen
By Eiman Zuberi– As upperclassmen start making last minute preparations for another semester, freshmen from all over the country are preparing to call U of L home for the next couple of years. The new incoming class is...
- Posted August 24, 2016
- Demonstrating the power of activism
By Eiman Zuberi– U of L prides itself on promoting a diverse community and providing a culturally aware atmosphere. The Student Code of Conduct says U of L is “committed to tolerance, diversity and respect for differences.”...
- Posted April 17, 2016
- Track and field athlete crowned Miss Black U of L
By Eiman Zuberi– Junior Alexis Murry can usually be seen sporting a track and field jacket and running shoes. But now, she has temporarily traded her athletic gear for a sash and a crown. The track athlete...
- Posted April 6, 2016
- Students react to Honors housing change
By Eiman Zuberi– It’s official, Threlkeld Hall, the traditional style housing unit that freshmen Honors students have called home since anyone can remember, will no longer be the Honors dorm. As of Fall 2016, Kurz Hall will...
- Posted April 1, 2016
- Preview: ‘Take Back the Night’ event aims to protest violence
By Eiman Zuberi– Roughly one in five women will be sexually assaulted in college. Chances are, whether you are aware of it or not, someone you know has experienced sexual assault. The PEACC Center is hosting their annual...
- Posted March 26, 2016