- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
- Men’s basketball lands UConn transfer
- Two more women’s basketball players to transfer
- Mariya Moore to transfer
- Police union dispute Ricky Jones’ appointment to police oversight panel
- U of L meets NCAA, expects decision and possible punishment within months
- Former U of L executives dodge federal prosecution
- Top 10 tips for incoming freshmen to know
- Kendrick Lamar’s “DAMN.” could be best album of the summer
Updated: Jaylen Johnson pleads guilty to pot possession, fined
By Shelby Brown–
U of L men’s basketball player Jaylen Johnson pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in Woodford County April 17. He must pay a $260 fine, as reported by WDRB. Johnson will appear in court again April 24 to prove he paid the fine.
“We just became aware of the matter and have addressed it internally,” Senior Associate Athletic Director Kenny Klein said in an email.
Police pulled Johnson over March 22 for not having a visible license plate. According to officers, the vehicle smelled of marijuana and they reported they found some hidden in a Gatorade bottle in the car.
Johnson played every game of the past season, and has announced he will make himself eligible for the NBA draft. Since he has not hired an agent that allows him to return to the team next year if he isn’t drafted.
Updated 8:31 p.m.