- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
- Men’s basketball lands UConn transfer
- Two more women’s basketball players to transfer
- Mariya Moore to transfer
- Police union dispute Ricky Jones’ appointment to police oversight panel
- U of L meets NCAA, expects decision and possible punishment within months
- Former U of L executives dodge federal prosecution
- Top 10 tips for incoming freshmen to know
- Kendrick Lamar’s “DAMN.” could be best album of the summer
Basketball’s Matz Stockman to transfer
By Dalton Ray–
Basketball’s junior center Matz Stockman will transfer to Minnesota, according to the university. The Norway native will sit out the 2017-2018 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
Stockman played in 44 games in three seasons as a Cardinal, totaling 94 points and 70 rebounds.
“I’ve had a great time at Louisville the last three years. I’ve learned a lot, gotten to know a great many people and have become very close with our coaches and players. I’m incredibly grateful for my time here,” Stockman said.
Coach Rick Pitino’s son Richard is the head coach at Minnesota.
“Matz has been a great team member with our basketball team and we appreciate his efforts. Transferring to Minnesota is a great move for him, as he’ll have an opportunity to make an immediate impact when he becomes eligible to play,” Rick said.
File photo / The Louisville Cardinal