After a week of waiting, The Grove removed the mold from sophomore bioengineering major Sarah NeCamp’s dorm.
Grove upper management said that the unit had been treated by a professional abatement company Sept. 12. NeCamp was given a new room the following day — something she had requested before the mold problem was reported.
“They came in and painted over it— you can’t tell that anything was there,” NeCamp said.
NeCamp previously reported that she and her two roommates had become sick because of the mold.
“Our goal is to do whatever we can to ensure our residents have a safe and comfortable living environment, and we will continue to respond to any and all issues in a timely and responsible manner,” said Jason Chudoba, a public relations representative for The Grove.
Photo courtesy of Sarah NeCamp