- U of L blocks access to College Abacus tuition calculator
- Kyle Hornback crowned Miss Kentucky USA
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: school presidents and senators
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: Top Four
- Voter turnout crucial this election season
- The murder next door: Hearing the Stop-N-Go shooting
- Brief: Trustee Paul Diaz resigns
- U of L announces self-imposed postseason ban
- U of L kicks off capital campaign for stadium expansion
- Off-campus convenience store employee shot, killed
Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
U of L students will have a new food option this semester: Sandella’s Flatbread Cafe will be taking over the area currently occupied by Simply to Go in the Duthie Center for Engineering.
Sandella’s will serve quesadillas, wraps, flatbreads and paninis. According to Sodexo Marketing and Sustainability Coordinator Charlie Clabaugh, the restaurant uses an all-natural brick oven flatbread that is low fat and has no artificial colors or flavors.
The cafe is scheduled to open post-Fall Break. In the mean time, Simply to Go will be housed in an alternate location inside Duthie.
A cereal bar is also in the works for the breakfast lovers. While still in development, cereal, multiple types of milk, yogurt and toppings are planned for the bar.
“Student opinion has taught us breakfast food isn’t just for the a.m., so we are hoping this will satisfy an underlying student craving,” said Clabaugh.
The unnamed bar will be located in Quick Zone where Freshens Smoothies currently resides. Freshens will be moving in next to Jazzman’s Cafe.
In addition to the new options, Sodexo is planning several changes to campus eateries. They will be experimenting with extended hours at SubHub (open until midnight), Einstein’s (until 7 p.m.) and Simply to Go in Davidson (until 5 p.m.). McAlister’s will now open at 9 a.m. instead of 10 a.m. The new hours will be in effect until Sept. 12. Student demand will then decide if the hours stay or go.
Cardinal Burger Company will begin having an Elite Events schedule. Every two weeks, new food options will be available for one night only. The fall semester schedule is:
- Sept. 11: Sweet Things – Giant Sundae
- Sept. 25: Stone Steakhouse
- Oct. 16: BBQ Blues
- Oct. 30: Sweet Things – S’mores
- Nov. 13: Seafood House
- Dec. 4: Bodacious Burgers