- U of L responds to magazine’s criticism
- Hurricane Harlan: Change agent changes his style
- U of L Board of Trustees approves SAC renovations proposal
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
- Where Louisville basketball stands against Katina Powell
- #BlackLivesMatter co-creator gives U of L Pride Week keynote address
- Why NASA’s discoveries matter
- Do you really need a gun? Or are you doing more harm than good?
- Katina Powell’s book is published
- Reaction: Doubt creeps in for Louisville basketball amidst allegations
Senior wide receiver DeVante Parker injures foot in practice
By Annie Moore
University of Louisville star wide receiver DeVante Parker injured his left foot in practice on Friday and was sent to North Carolina for evaluation by Dr. Bob Anderson — the same doctor who treated Derek Jeter’s broken ankle in 2012. Below is the full press release from the University.
“University of Louisville senior wide receiver Devante Parker suffered a left foot injury at practice Friday night at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Parker has been evaluated by U of L team physicians and will visit Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte, N.C., in the next couple days for further evaluation and management.
The 6-foot-3 wide out from Louisville, Ky., totaled 55 receptions for a team-high 885 yards and tied a school record with 12 touchdowns last season.
The Cardinals are scheduled to face Miami on Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.”
Parker had 55 receptions for 885 yards last season, averaged 16.1 yards per carry and had 12 touchdowns.