- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
- Official under investigation set to retire
Senior wide receiver DeVante Parker injures foot in practice
By Annie Moore
University of Louisville star wide receiver DeVante Parker injured his left foot in practice on Friday and was sent to North Carolina for evaluation by Dr. Bob Anderson — the same doctor who treated Derek Jeter’s broken ankle in 2012. Below is the full press release from the University.
“University of Louisville senior wide receiver Devante Parker suffered a left foot injury at practice Friday night at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.
Parker has been evaluated by U of L team physicians and will visit Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte, N.C., in the next couple days for further evaluation and management.
The 6-foot-3 wide out from Louisville, Ky., totaled 55 receptions for a team-high 885 yards and tied a school record with 12 touchdowns last season.
The Cardinals are scheduled to face Miami on Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.”
Parker had 55 receptions for 885 yards last season, averaged 16.1 yards per carry and had 12 touchdowns.