- Preview: Louisville faces Michigan State in Elite Eight
- Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
- #CardinalBoom15: U of L Fans Watch Sweet 16 Game
- Striving for PEACC: The Storycatcher Project Exhibit and Performance
- Kendrick Lamar stuns listeners with lyricism in third album, “To Pimp a Butterfly”
- Kevin Ware has successful first season at Georgia State
- Quentin Snider keeps improving
- Wayne Blackshear joins thousand-point club
- SGA Update: Senate talks SAC, L Trail
- North Carolina State Sweet Sixteen Preview
Harrell earns ACC pre-season 1st team All-American honors
By Marquis Driver
Blue Ribbon College Basketball Year Book names Louisville’s junior power-forward Montrezl Harrell to the first team pre-season All-American ranks for the 2014-15 season. Harrell joins Russ Smith and Peyton Siva as the third Cardinal in three consecutive years to be named to this honor.
The Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook is known to most in the basketball world as one of the most extensive college basketball publications in circulation. Harrell is along-side elite level company, with the likes of Wisconsin’s forward Frank Kaminski, Wichita State guard Fred Van-Fleet, Virginia guard Malcom Brogdon, and North Carolina guard Marcus Paige.
Of the five Selections, three of them hail from the ACC conference, once again showing why the newly formed ACC is considered the best conference in college basketball.
Harrell is coming off of a prosperous 2013-14 season where he averaged 14.0 Points and 8.4 Rebounds while providing a formidable presence on defense recording 49 blocks. Increasing his totals greatly from 5.7 points and 3.6 rebounds a game during his freshman campaign.
Harrell also produced 12 double-doubles in his sophomore season, finishing strong totaling 11 of them in the last 22 games. During the AAC conference postseason Harrell upped his game, tallying 22 points and 11 rebounds in a resounding conference title game victory against eventual national champion UConn.
Harrell looks to build on what has been an impressive sophomore run where he is just less than 300 points away from the 1,000-point career mark. The single season dunk record holder also will look to move up from third place on the total career dunks list.
The Blue Ribbon Yearbook will be available for Pre-Order online at www.blueribbonyearbook.com, edited by Chris Dortch.