- New residence hall coming to campus
- Hebert out as U of L spokesperson
- U of L Foundation: We’re mad at the wrong people
- Walz and Moore return to US with second gold medal
- Microsoft issue impacts student Cardmail accounts
- While we were gone: the summer of sports
- Brief: AT&T outage affecting campus communication
- Are summer classes worth the hassle?
- Glass Animals sell out 600+ show at Headliner’s
- Letter to the Editor: Response to J.D. Nichols letter on Ramsey’s compensation
Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
By Simon Isham–
Email sent from your Cardmail account today may not have reached its intended destination.
A statement released by the IT department today said that from approximately 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., emails sent from Cardmail accounts were delivered to their intended recipients, but any replies to these emails would have been returned to the senders as undeliverable.
IT reccomends that anyone who sent email from their Cardmail account today and expected a reply resend the email.
The statement from IT attributes the error to “an inadvertent change.” The statement does not mention Microsoft, the company which the department has blamed for previous email issues this summer. A recap of the errors so far is below:
June 10: Emails from external sources to faculty and staff may not have reached their intended targets
June 24: Students, faculty and staff experienced delivery delays for several hours
July 9: Emails automatically forwarded from Cardmail accounts to external accounts were rejected as undeliverable
Aug. 8: An accidental settings change causes replies to emails to go undelivered
As always, those experiencing problems or who have questions about the failure are encouraged to contact the HelpDesk 852-7997 or email@example.com.