- Fall 2016 semester athletic awards
- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
By Simon Isham–
Email sent from your Cardmail account today may not have reached its intended destination.
A statement released by the IT department today said that from approximately 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., emails sent from Cardmail accounts were delivered to their intended recipients, but any replies to these emails would have been returned to the senders as undeliverable.
IT reccomends that anyone who sent email from their Cardmail account today and expected a reply resend the email.
The statement from IT attributes the error to “an inadvertent change.” The statement does not mention Microsoft, the company which the department has blamed for previous email issues this summer. A recap of the errors so far is below:
June 10: Emails from external sources to faculty and staff may not have reached their intended targets
June 24: Students, faculty and staff experienced delivery delays for several hours
July 9: Emails automatically forwarded from Cardmail accounts to external accounts were rejected as undeliverable
Aug. 8: An accidental settings change causes replies to emails to go undelivered
As always, those experiencing problems or who have questions about the failure are encouraged to contact the HelpDesk 852-7997 or email@example.com.