- Brief: TLC Bringing Three-day coverage for Derby weekend
- Brief: U of L investigation stalled by late reports
- Faculty senate shows confidence in Ramsey
- Sanders rallies in Louisville during Indiana win
- Student suit against Powell dismissed
- Editorial: Moving statue does not erase history
- Judge halts Confederate statue removal
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.