- New residence hall coming to campus
- Hebert out as U of L spokesperson
- U of L Foundation: We’re mad at the wrong people
- Walz and Moore return to US with second gold medal
- Microsoft issue impacts student Cardmail accounts
- While we were gone: the summer of sports
- Brief: AT&T outage affecting campus communication
- Are summer classes worth the hassle?
- Glass Animals sell out 600+ show at Headliner’s
- Letter to the Editor: Response to J.D. Nichols letter on Ramsey’s compensation
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.