- U of L students lead “die-in” for black lives
- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.