- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.