- Brief: The Grove changes name, owners
- U of L finance committee passes tuition increase
- Ramsey addresses deferred payment coverage
- U of L audit committee continues with Strothman
- Brief: IT experiences power outage
- Cardinal photographer wins national competition
- U of L announces eight Fulbright winners
- Brief: Chris Jones not indicted in rape case
- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
- Your ultimate guide to having a good time in the 502
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.