- GE Firstbuild Microfactory open for co-creation
- WaterStep partners with GE FirstBuild Factory and the Student Water Initiative
- Attorney for Sherry Roark Requests “Correction”
- Increased bike traffic leads to overcrowded bike racks
- TARC shuttle will go to off-campus housing
- Women’s soccer perseveres in 3-2 overtime comeback
- Men’s soccer dismantles Duke in 5-0 victory
- Realistic expectations kick in as Louisville loses in Virginia, 23-21
- The Grove receives Temporary Certificate of Occupancy, will be reinspected in October
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos fully demolished
Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
University police detained a suspect after witnessing an attempted car break-in on the Health Sciences Campus.
Two suspects were seen trying to break into a car at 3:23 a.m. this morning. One suspect fled the scene. The other, a juvenile, was detained and eventually moved to Safe Place. The victim did not want to press charges.
The break-in occurred on the 500 block of Marshall Street, the same block where three of four armed robberies occurred on the HSC last month.
According to ULPD Assistant Chief of Police Kenny Brown, there is no apparent connection to the string of armed robberies.
Louisville Metro Police is investigating the area’s armed robberies. Attempts to contact LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell were not immediately returned. Brown said that ULPD hopes to know something “real soon” on the outcome of the investigation.