- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
- RA to lose hourly wage in 2015-2016 academic year
- SGA brief: Senate passes SAC renovation resolution
- Brief: Body found at The Bellamy confirmed as suicide
President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham–
U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky.
Although the board approved a two percent salary increase for Ramsey — the same percentage that all faculty and staff will be receiving this year — Ramsey declined to accept it. The board will also consider giving him a bonus equivalent to 25 percent of his annual salary at an upcoming meeting of the board. That bonus was promised to him upon the fulfillment of certain goals in a previous employment contract.
Ramsey remains one of the university’s highest-compensated employees, making a total of $624,000 annually from a combination of both public and private funds.