- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham–
U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky.
Although the board approved a two percent salary increase for Ramsey — the same percentage that all faculty and staff will be receiving this year — Ramsey declined to accept it. The board will also consider giving him a bonus equivalent to 25 percent of his annual salary at an upcoming meeting of the board. That bonus was promised to him upon the fulfillment of certain goals in a previous employment contract.
Ramsey remains one of the university’s highest-compensated employees, making a total of $624,000 annually from a combination of both public and private funds.