- Men’s tennis in midst of 10-match win streak
- The crisis surrounding ISIS
- Baseball goes 2-1 in weekend series with Xavier
- SAC renovations: a debate four years in the making
- Incoming top four talks elections, plan for future
- TEDx comes to U of L
- PHOTO: RaiseRED raises money for pediatric cancer
- Big Sean impresses on Dark Sky Paradise
- Pitino addresses Chris Jones situation
- Chris Jones pleads not guilty to rape, sodomy
President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham–
U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky.
Although the board approved a two percent salary increase for Ramsey — the same percentage that all faculty and staff will be receiving this year — Ramsey declined to accept it. The board will also consider giving him a bonus equivalent to 25 percent of his annual salary at an upcoming meeting of the board. That bonus was promised to him upon the fulfillment of certain goals in a previous employment contract.
Ramsey remains one of the university’s highest-compensated employees, making a total of $624,000 annually from a combination of both public and private funds.