- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
- One non-student shot near Bettie Johnson Hall
- Former Louisville cheerleader killed in car accident
- Pinto allays concerns, promises transparency going forward
- Brief: Interim president will speak to press
- Reinstated board chairman plans meeting
President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham–
U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky.
Although the board approved a two percent salary increase for Ramsey — the same percentage that all faculty and staff will be receiving this year — Ramsey declined to accept it. The board will also consider giving him a bonus equivalent to 25 percent of his annual salary at an upcoming meeting of the board. That bonus was promised to him upon the fulfillment of certain goals in a previous employment contract.
Ramsey remains one of the university’s highest-compensated employees, making a total of $624,000 annually from a combination of both public and private funds.