- Brief: SGA E-Board begins budget process
- U of L increases security on campus
- GE Firstbuild Microfactory open for co-creation
- WaterStep partners with GE FirstBuild Factory and the Student Water Initiative
- Attorney for Sherry Roark Requests “Correction”
- Increased bike traffic leads to overcrowded bike racks
- TARC shuttle will go to off-campus housing
- Women’s soccer perseveres in 3-2 overtime comeback
- Men’s soccer dismantles Duke in 5-0 victory
- Realistic expectations kick in as Louisville loses in Virginia, 23-21
President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham–
U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky.
Although the board approved a two percent salary increase for Ramsey — the same percentage that all faculty and staff will be receiving this year — Ramsey declined to accept it. The board will also consider giving him a bonus equivalent to 25 percent of his annual salary at an upcoming meeting of the board. That bonus was promised to him upon the fulfillment of certain goals in a previous employment contract.
Ramsey remains one of the university’s highest-compensated employees, making a total of $624,000 annually from a combination of both public and private funds.