- U of L blocks access to College Abacus tuition calculator
- Kyle Hornback crowned Miss Kentucky USA
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: school presidents and senators
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: Top Four
- Voter turnout crucial this election season
- The murder next door: Hearing the Stop-N-Go shooting
- Brief: Trustee Paul Diaz resigns
- U of L announces self-imposed postseason ban
- U of L kicks off capital campaign for stadium expansion
- Off-campus convenience store employee shot, killed
George J. Howe Red Barn turns 45: Come Celebrate!
By Makayla Moore — The Red Barn will be celebrating 45 years of being on our University of Louisville Belknap Campus! Join everyone tomorrow, July 11th for a celebration to remember. The George J. Howe Red Barn is one of many campus buildings that hold the history of our campus community.
Students and faculty are honored to be able to enjoy this wonderful event tomorrow evening, in hopes that the Red Barn will continue to host events, serve as a campus gathering spot, and share the Cardinal Pride with the new UofL Class of 2018!
The Red Barn was established in 1969, when a group of UofL students and administrators sought out to add to the campus. In 1976, the building received renovation and became a place where both students and faculty use as multi-purpose. The Red Barn was then named after George J. Howe in 2007. He continues to be the buildings longtime coordinator.
The event will feature The Tymes Band starting at 8pm inside of the Red Barn. Doors will be opened at 7:30pm for those of you who would love to come. The Red Barn is located next to the Swain Student Activities Center (SAC) on the University of Louisville Belknap Campus.
This will be a free event, open to the public, so bring ALL friends, family, alumni, and current students! Please remember that the university will be accepting donations at the door that will go towards the Red Barn scholarship fund and other university programs offered to students.
We hope to see you there!