- Pinto looks ahead to new role
- SAE controversy sparks discussion at U of L
- PINK performers are a drag
- Louisville’s tournament run ends with 76-70 loss to Michigan State
- Louisville WBB falls to Dayton 82-66
- Preview: Louisville faces Michigan State in Elite Eight
- Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
- #CardinalBoom15: U of L Fans Watch Sweet 16 Game
- Striving for PEACC: The Storycatcher Project Exhibit and Performance
- Kendrick Lamar stuns listeners with lyricism in third album, “To Pimp a Butterfly”
George J. Howe Red Barn turns 45: Come Celebrate!
By Makayla Moore — The Red Barn will be celebrating 45 years of being on our University of Louisville Belknap Campus! Join everyone tomorrow, July 11th for a celebration to remember. The George J. Howe Red Barn is one of many campus buildings that hold the history of our campus community.
Students and faculty are honored to be able to enjoy this wonderful event tomorrow evening, in hopes that the Red Barn will continue to host events, serve as a campus gathering spot, and share the Cardinal Pride with the new UofL Class of 2018!
The Red Barn was established in 1969, when a group of UofL students and administrators sought out to add to the campus. In 1976, the building received renovation and became a place where both students and faculty use as multi-purpose. The Red Barn was then named after George J. Howe in 2007. He continues to be the buildings longtime coordinator.
The event will feature The Tymes Band starting at 8pm inside of the Red Barn. Doors will be opened at 7:30pm for those of you who would love to come. The Red Barn is located next to the Swain Student Activities Center (SAC) on the University of Louisville Belknap Campus.
This will be a free event, open to the public, so bring ALL friends, family, alumni, and current students! Please remember that the university will be accepting donations at the door that will go towards the Red Barn scholarship fund and other university programs offered to students.
We hope to see you there!