- Residents say new owners improving former Grove
- Brief: The Grove changes name, owners
- U of L finance committee passes tuition increase
- Ramsey addresses deferred payment coverage
- U of L audit committee continues with Strothman
- Brief: IT experiences power outage
- Cardinal photographer wins national competition
- U of L announces eight Fulbright winners
- Brief: Chris Jones not indicted in rape case
- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
By Jacob Abrahamson-
Students traveling on Fourth Street will notice some changes in their commute soon. Louisville Metro Public Works announced that the road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, adding bike lanes.
The changes will affect the area between Industry Road and Cardinal Boulevard. The changes, as well as a road resurfacing, are scheduled to be complete before classes resume in August.
After changes, speed limits will be lowered due to pedestrian traffic and high collision rates.
The road, which goes by the Student Recreation Center and Kurz Hall, currently has two lanes of traffic in each direction.
A public meeting will be held to hear about plans and make comments in SRC, room 107, at the following times:
Wednesday, August 6th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, August 8th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Keep checking the Cardinal for campus construction updates.