- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
- Official under investigation set to retire
Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
By Jacob Abrahamson-
Students traveling on Fourth Street will notice some changes in their commute soon. Louisville Metro Public Works announced that the road will be reduced to one lane in each direction, adding bike lanes.
The changes will affect the area between Industry Road and Cardinal Boulevard. The changes, as well as a road resurfacing, are scheduled to be complete before classes resume in August.
After changes, speed limits will be lowered due to pedestrian traffic and high collision rates.
The road, which goes by the Student Recreation Center and Kurz Hall, currently has two lanes of traffic in each direction.
A public meeting will be held to hear about plans and make comments in SRC, room 107, at the following times:
Wednesday, August 6th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, August 8th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Keep checking the Cardinal for campus construction updates.