- Brief: President delivers state of the university address
- University honors 78 faculty members at faculty excellence dinner
- Talent Un-Earthed at SAB’s Open Mic Night
- Rap Runs the Vernon Club
- Brief: SGA E-Board begins budget process
- U of L increases security on campus
- GE Firstbuild Microfactory open for co-creation
- WaterStep partners with GE FirstBuild Factory and the Student Water Initiative
- Attorney for Sherry Roark Requests “Correction”
- Increased bike traffic leads to overcrowded bike racks
Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
Louisville Metro Police have determined that the recent string of armed robberies on the Health Sciences Campus are connected.
HSC has had four reported armed robberies since July 10. The fourth was a shoot-out between the suspect and a dental school employee. According to LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell, both sides exchanged gunfire.
The suspect was injured and is now in custody. It is unknown if this suspect is responsible for the earlier robberies or is part of a larger group.
The first three incidents all occured on the 500 block of Marshall Street. The shooting occured on the corner of Liberty and Jackson.
Both LMPD and ULPD have increased patrols in the area. If you have any information, contact ULPD at (502) 852-6111.