- Glass Animals sell out 600+ show at Headliner’s
- Letter to the Editor: Response to J.D. Nichols letter on Ramsey’s compensation
- Students, fans react to Ramsey pay increase
- Brief: Auditor to examine U of L Foundation
- Title IX notices now required in U of L syllabi
- Brief: Mardis switches titles, edits responsibilities
- Sands shaking up U of L’s organization
- Brief: Housing director leaving for FSU
- PHOTO: New ramp connects campus to Third Street
- The biggest headlines of 2014-2015
Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
Louisville Metro Police have determined that the recent string of armed robberies on the Health Sciences Campus are connected.
HSC has had four reported armed robberies since July 10. The fourth was a shoot-out between the suspect and a dental school employee. According to LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell, both sides exchanged gunfire.
The suspect was injured and is now in custody. It is unknown if this suspect is responsible for the earlier robberies or is part of a larger group.
The first three incidents all occured on the 500 block of Marshall Street. The shooting occured on the corner of Liberty and Jackson.
Both LMPD and ULPD have increased patrols in the area. If you have any information, contact ULPD at (502) 852-6111.