- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
Louisville Metro Police have determined that the recent string of armed robberies on the Health Sciences Campus are connected.
HSC has had four reported armed robberies since July 10. The fourth was a shoot-out between the suspect and a dental school employee. According to LMPD spokesperson Dwight Mitchell, both sides exchanged gunfire.
The suspect was injured and is now in custody. It is unknown if this suspect is responsible for the earlier robberies or is part of a larger group.
The first three incidents all occured on the 500 block of Marshall Street. The shooting occured on the corner of Liberty and Jackson.
Both LMPD and ULPD have increased patrols in the area. If you have any information, contact ULPD at (502) 852-6111.