- Residents say new owners improving former Grove
- Brief: The Grove changes name, owners
- U of L finance committee passes tuition increase
- Ramsey addresses deferred payment coverage
- U of L audit committee continues with Strothman
- Brief: IT experiences power outage
- Cardinal photographer wins national competition
- U of L announces eight Fulbright winners
- Brief: Chris Jones not indicted in rape case
- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
Brief: U of L professor loses Senate race
By Simon Isham—
U of L communication professor Greg Leichty, who announced last summer that he would be running for US Senate, has lost the Democratic primary nomination to opponent Alison Lundergan-Grimes.
Leichty received 8 percent of the vote; Lundergan-Grimes received 76 percent.
On his campaign website Leichtyforsenate.com, his Twitter feed @curiousgreg and his Facebook page, Leichty remained silent the night of May 20 as the primary results came out. Leichty tweeted his best wishes to Lundergan-Grimes shortly before 11 p.m. that night.
“Best wishes to Alison Lundergan Grimes in her contest against Mitch McConnell in the fall. #KYSEN,” read the tweet. The same message was posted to the campaign’s Facebook page.