- New residence hall coming to campus
- Hebert out as U of L spokesperson
- U of L Foundation: We’re mad at the wrong people
- Walz and Moore return to US with second gold medal
- Microsoft issue impacts student Cardmail accounts
- While we were gone: the summer of sports
- Brief: AT&T outage affecting campus communication
- Are summer classes worth the hassle?
- Glass Animals sell out 600+ show at Headliner’s
- Letter to the Editor: Response to J.D. Nichols letter on Ramsey’s compensation
Schimmel, Slaughter, Taylor selected in WNBA Draft
Shoni Schimmel was selected eighth in the 2014 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream on Monday night. The 2014 All-American joins former Louisville star Angel McCoughtry, the two are the only two thousand point scorers in program history.
Antonita Slaughter was selected 35th by the Los Angeles Sparks, while Asia Taylor was selected 36th by the Minnesota Lynx.
Louisville is the only school in the 2014 WNBA Draft to have three players selected.
The three will debuted for their respective teams on Friday May 16, the opening night for the WNBA.