- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
Schimmel, Slaughter, Taylor selected in WNBA Draft
Shoni Schimmel was selected eighth in the 2014 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream on Monday night. The 2014 All-American joins former Louisville star Angel McCoughtry, the two are the only two thousand point scorers in program history.
Antonita Slaughter was selected 35th by the Los Angeles Sparks, while Asia Taylor was selected 36th by the Minnesota Lynx.
Louisville is the only school in the 2014 WNBA Draft to have three players selected.
The three will debuted for their respective teams on Friday May 16, the opening night for the WNBA.