- Men’s basketball gains three commits over summer
- Campus Housing assured by The Grove that property was ready
- Over 7,000 fans witness men’s 1-0 victory over second ranked Maryland
- Chatham DeProspo’s historic goal lifts women 1-0 over Ole Miss
- Students, vendors enjoy Belknap farmer’s market
- Speed School deals with business center transition
- U of L appoints Judaic Studies chair
- Students: U of L provides a healthy atmosphere for writing
- Visitor network provides short-term internet access
- Students pedal with the president
Schimmel, Slaughter, Taylor selected in WNBA Draft
Shoni Schimmel was selected eighth in the 2014 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream on Monday night. The 2014 All-American joins former Louisville star Angel McCoughtry, the two are the only two thousand point scorers in program history.
Antonita Slaughter was selected 35th by the Los Angeles Sparks, while Asia Taylor was selected 36th by the Minnesota Lynx.
Louisville is the only school in the 2014 WNBA Draft to have three players selected.
The three will debuted for their respective teams on Friday May 16, the opening night for the WNBA.