- Kempf-Leonard looks to ‘blast internal silos’ in A&S state of the college address
- Louisville defeats FIU 34-3
- Women’s soccer opens ACC play with 1-0 win over Syracuse
- No sweat? Campus activists seek to ensure international worker’s rights
- The Clubhouse, new off-campus housing option, to open in fall 2015
- McConnell Center celebrates Constitution day
- Gorgui Dieng carries Senegal in FIBA World Cup
- Darrell Griffith teams up with Healthy Hoops for asthma awareness
- Student assaulted near campus
- Brief: President delivers state of the university address
Brief: Students raise money to fight local hunger
By Olivia Krauth–
U of L students raised over $27,000 to donate to local food bank Dare to Care through the biannual Flex to Feed donation campaign. The figure breaks the past record of over $11,000.
Sodexo officials and members of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity announced the results and presented a check to Dare to Care at a ceremony in the SRC on April 22.
The funds will be used to purchase food for shelters and pantries, as well as to fund multiple programs that provide food to the community.