- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
- One non-student shot near Bettie Johnson Hall
- Former Louisville cheerleader killed in car accident
- Pinto allays concerns, promises transparency going forward
- Brief: Interim president will speak to press
- Reinstated board chairman plans meeting
Louisville advances to Elite Eight
Louisville cruised to a 73-47 victory over LSU on Sunday to advance to the Elite Eight.
Shoni Schimmel led Cardinal scorers with 19 points and added six assists. Tia Gibbs hit five three pointers, finishing with 15 points and five rebound. The two seniors combined for eight of the Cardinals season high 12 made three pointers.
The seventh seeded Tigers were limited to playing just eight players due to injuries, while Louisville’s bench outscored LSU’s reserves 28-0
LSU (21-13) held a 12-11 lead through the first eight minutes of the game, but Louisville (33-4) closed the half on an extended 30-11 run, giving them a comfortable 41-23 halftime lead.
During the run, Gibbs connected with two threes on back to back possessions.
Louisville will play fourth seeded Maryland on Tuesday night at the KFC YUM! Center for a trip to the Final Four.