- New residence hall coming to campus
- Hebert out as U of L spokesperson
- U of L Foundation: We’re mad at the wrong people
- Walz and Moore return to US with second gold medal
- Microsoft issue impacts student Cardmail accounts
- While we were gone: the summer of sports
- Brief: AT&T outage affecting campus communication
- Are summer classes worth the hassle?
- Glass Animals sell out 600+ show at Headliner’s
- Letter to the Editor: Response to J.D. Nichols letter on Ramsey’s compensation
Brief: SGA Chief Justice Resigns
Brandon McReynolds, Chief Justice of the SGA Supreme Court, resigned at tonight’s SGA Senate meeting amid discussion of his possible impeachment.
McReynolds allegedly violated the SGA Constitution and By-Laws in his handling of the 2014 SGA Elections. The lack of a constitutionally-mandated debate due to unopposed elections was cited. His involvement on a university-wide committee was also called into question.
The debate evoked emotion on both sides, although specific testimony and details were not given at the meeting because a special meeting was required for more discussion. During discussion, the floor was yielded to McReynolds, who stated in all his actions he had the “best interest” of the student body on his mind.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information becomes available.