- U of L Students Move-In
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
Brief: SGA Chief Justice Resigns
Brandon McReynolds, Chief Justice of the SGA Supreme Court, resigned at tonight’s SGA Senate meeting amid discussion of his possible impeachment.
McReynolds allegedly violated the SGA Constitution and By-Laws in his handling of the 2014 SGA Elections. The lack of a constitutionally-mandated debate due to unopposed elections was cited. His involvement on a university-wide committee was also called into question.
The debate evoked emotion on both sides, although specific testimony and details were not given at the meeting because a special meeting was required for more discussion. During discussion, the floor was yielded to McReynolds, who stated in all his actions he had the “best interest” of the student body on his mind.
This story is developing and will be updated as more information becomes available.