- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
Brief: Freshens and Quick Zone closed for the day
By Olivia Krauth–
Two campus eateries, Freshens and Quick Zone, were closed today due to a weekend pipe burst.
According to Charlie Clabaugh, U of L Dining’s Marketing and Sustainability Coordinator, a pipe in the ceiling burst, flooding the two stores.
“Some reports I’ve heard said there was as much as three inches of water,” said Clabaugh. ” [A] very large mess as you can imagine, which will take some time to properly clean up, sanitize and repair.”
Clabaugh was unsure of when the area would be able to reopen, but said that updates would be posted to U of L Dining’s social media accounts. You can follow them on Twitter @UofLDining, and on Facebook using Facebook.com/uofldining.