- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
“Qdoba Game Center” opens at the SRC
By Eiman Zuberi–
The SRC just got even more exciting; a new gaming center has just opened on the third floor. Although it is called the “Qdoba Game Center,” I will, (with regret), tell you that they don’t serve your favorite naked burrito. But that doesn’t mean it’s not something to check out. Lined with gaming systems, colorful chairs, and overlooking campus, it’s definitely a fun new spot.
You may be wondering why it’s necessary to have a gaming room somewhere that’s meant for working out. It was recently moved from the SAC and was designed to bring a new group of students to the SRC. Frank Nuxall, the SRC Facility Manager, explained: “we wanted a place for a different kind of clientele. People like a variety of activities and new things lead to new people coming down to the SRC, especially those who may not necessarily enjoy working out. It’s also a splendid way to kill time between classes.”
The room currently features four big screen TV’s, two Xbox 360’s, and two Playstation 3’s. By the end of April, the team is expecting a PS4 and an Xbox One, both of which were just recently released. You are welcome to bring your own controllers and games or you can rent out controllers–free of charge–and limited games.
So, next time you need a place to just hang out or want to get some “Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag” time in, be sure to check out the bright and colorful Qdoba Game Room, located on the 3rd floor of the SRC.