- Cardinals’ defense dominate the Wolfpack at home
- Photo gallery: Louisville lights up the scoreboard against NC State
- Cards rout wolfpack, gain bowl eligibility
- U of L celebrates homecoming with annual parade
- Live Blog: No. 7 Louisville vs. NC State
- Global cyber attacks down rave alert system
- Judge denies Bevin’s request – board of trustees ruling stands
- The NCCA issues a hollow NOA to U of L
- Brief: U of L Athletic Association helps bear $91.15 million bonds
- Devonte Fields: The Cardinal flying under the radar
Harrell leads Louisville to 82-58 victory over Temple
After a nine day layoff and an extra night in Philadelphia, Rick Pitino and the Cardinals have decided to go with a new look. The coaching staff and players will not shave until they lose.
On Friday night, the thirteenth ranked Cardinals kept their razors covered with a convincing 82-58 victory over Temple.
“It’s been a long time. It’s a good stretch. We all said, ‘Let’s have some fun. Let’s grow beards until we lose.’ It’s the first time in my life that I’m trying to grow a beard,” Pitino said.
Montrezl Harrell finished with a career high 22 points and added 10 rebounds, Harrell’s sixth double-double of the season.
Louisville was in control throughout the entire first half, going on a 10-0 and 17-2 run, leading 52-27 at halftime.
Russ Smith scored 15 points on 7 of 10 shooting. Wayne Blackshear added 13 points.
Luke Hancock connected with three 3-pointers and finished with 11 points.
Louisville (20-4) remained undefeated in conference road games this year, and returns home to play Rutgers on Sunday.