- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
- Your ultimate guide to having a good time in the 502
- Brief: Students stage sit-in in President Ramsey’s office
- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
CEHD continues dean search
By Jacob Abrahamson–
While the College of Arts & Sciences is searching for a new dean, the College of Education and Human Development is in the same process. There are four finalists for the job, and three have already visited campus to meet with search committee and hold open forums.
Whoever gets the job, held since 2008 by Interim Dean Blake Haselton, will face budget challenges presented to higher education and be tasked with developing a vision to make the CEHD an important part of a “premier metropolitan research university.” According to U of L’s website, the CEHD Dean helps the CEHD as it “seeks to tackle the most pressing issues facing urban and rural education.”
Here is a snapshot of the candidates’ curriculum vitae to help you get to know the finalists.
Education: Ph. D. in Sports and Exercise Management, Ohio State University
Current position: Associate Dean of the College of Education and Human Development, Texas A&M University
Research, teaching, and presentation topics: Diversity, employee attitudes, group processes.
Open forum: Jan. 23.
Education: Ph. D. in Educational Administration, University of New Orleans
Current position: Dean of the College of Education and Human Development, University of North Florida
Research, teaching, and presentation topics: Curriculum studies, teacher education.
Open forum: 10:30 am to 12:15 pm on Feb. 18, Chao Auditorium
Education: Ph. D. in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Illinois
Current position: Vice Dean for the College of Education and Human Development, University of Louisville
Research, teaching, and presentation topics: Teacher education, curriculum theory, community engagement.
Open forum: Feb. 10.
R. Anthony Rolle
Education: Ph. D. in Education Policy Studies, Indiana University
Current position: Chair, Department of Education, Leadership, and Policy Studies, University of South Florida
Research, teaching, and presentation topics: Economic efficiency of public schools
Open forum: Jan. 30.
Full CVs and itineraries for each candidate may be found at Louisville.edu/provost/faculty-personnel/searches/.