- Fall 2016 semester athletic awards
- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
ABS hosts inaugural Black Image Awards
By Lubna Hindi–
The Association of Black Students held the first Black Image Awards, honoring a group of unsung heroes made up of the students and faculty at U of L.
“It is very important that we come together to celebrate these students and faculty,” said Tierney Bates, director of the Cultural Center. “It underlies our fabric of who we are as a country and the contributions many people make to an institution, community and the world.”
Awards were given to people and organizations that have been leaders and have supported service towards others and the community. Here are the awards and their winners:
Guiding Light Award – Leondra Gully
Best Cultural Program – Dewey Clayton & CODRE for “The March on Washington 50th Anniversary”
African-American Organization of the Year Award – Empowering Ladies Together (ELT)
Outstanding Student Award – Lashawn Ford
Future Leader Award – Valencia Richard
Humanitarian Award – Mikal Forbush
Lifetime Achievement – Michael Cuyjet and Brenda Hart.