- Burning up: Miller students get a rude awakening with fire scare
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
- #SOTU 2015: What you need to know
- Lawyer’s report discredits former Vice President for Human Resources
- Strong-armed robbery near campus sends one student to hospital
- Dahlia dives into American culture
Women’s basketball improves to 16-1
By Sam Draut
The fifth-ranked University of Louisville women’s basketball team defeated USF 62-54 at the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida on Sunday.
The 16-1 Cardinals were led by senior guard Shoni Schimmel, who finished with 25 points and seven rebounds, 17 of her points came in the second half.
Sara Hammond added 14 points and five rebounds, while Bria Smith contributed with 10 points, four rebounds and four steals.
In her second game back, Antonita Slaughter played 20 minutes and pulled down five rebounds.
U of L sits tied for second with Rutgers in the American Athletic Conference at 4-0. Connecticut is atop the conference with a 5-0 record.
Louisville looks to extend its winning streak to 10 games on Wednesday when it takes on Central Florida at the KFC YUM! Center.