- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
Women’s basketball improves to 16-1
By Sam Draut
The fifth-ranked University of Louisville women’s basketball team defeated USF 62-54 at the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida on Sunday.
The 16-1 Cardinals were led by senior guard Shoni Schimmel, who finished with 25 points and seven rebounds, 17 of her points came in the second half.
Sara Hammond added 14 points and five rebounds, while Bria Smith contributed with 10 points, four rebounds and four steals.
In her second game back, Antonita Slaughter played 20 minutes and pulled down five rebounds.
U of L sits tied for second with Rutgers in the American Athletic Conference at 4-0. Connecticut is atop the conference with a 5-0 record.
Louisville looks to extend its winning streak to 10 games on Wednesday when it takes on Central Florida at the KFC YUM! Center.