- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
- Local man robbed at gunpoint near Cardinal Towne
- Cheerleader found dead at Cardinal Towne
- Brief: Security increases on Health Sciences campus after armed robberies
- Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
- Interactive: Crime Log at U of L
- President Ramsey given raise, reviews year
- Op-Ed: Stop passing the cost to students
Women’s basketball improves to 16-1
By Sam Draut
The fifth-ranked University of Louisville women’s basketball team defeated USF 62-54 at the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida on Sunday.
The 16-1 Cardinals were led by senior guard Shoni Schimmel, who finished with 25 points and seven rebounds, 17 of her points came in the second half.
Sara Hammond added 14 points and five rebounds, while Bria Smith contributed with 10 points, four rebounds and four steals.
In her second game back, Antonita Slaughter played 20 minutes and pulled down five rebounds.
U of L sits tied for second with Rutgers in the American Athletic Conference at 4-0. Connecticut is atop the conference with a 5-0 record.
Louisville looks to extend its winning streak to 10 games on Wednesday when it takes on Central Florida at the KFC YUM! Center.