- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
- Your ultimate guide to having a good time in the 502
- Brief: Students stage sit-in in President Ramsey’s office
- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
Women’s basketball improves to 16-1
By Sam Draut
The fifth-ranked University of Louisville women’s basketball team defeated USF 62-54 at the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida on Sunday.
The 16-1 Cardinals were led by senior guard Shoni Schimmel, who finished with 25 points and seven rebounds, 17 of her points came in the second half.
Sara Hammond added 14 points and five rebounds, while Bria Smith contributed with 10 points, four rebounds and four steals.
In her second game back, Antonita Slaughter played 20 minutes and pulled down five rebounds.
U of L sits tied for second with Rutgers in the American Athletic Conference at 4-0. Connecticut is atop the conference with a 5-0 record.
Louisville looks to extend its winning streak to 10 games on Wednesday when it takes on Central Florida at the KFC YUM! Center.