- ‘Davidson Lady’ Terry Beard reminisces on 26 years at U of L
- A&S faculty work to raise faculty salaries
- How much do the big dogs on campus earn?
- Students react to alleged robbery at The Arch
- Harsh reality sets in for U of L football
- Brace yourselves: Thanksgiving is coming
- Brief: Alumni director resigns amid allegations from UGA
- Ramsey, faculty, students hold diversity conversation
- Students hold candlelight vigil for Paris and Beirut victims
- Smoke-free campus?: Students record nearly 400 accounts of campus smoking
Women’s basketball improves to 16-1
By Sam Draut
The fifth-ranked University of Louisville women’s basketball team defeated USF 62-54 at the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida on Sunday.
The 16-1 Cardinals were led by senior guard Shoni Schimmel, who finished with 25 points and seven rebounds, 17 of her points came in the second half.
Sara Hammond added 14 points and five rebounds, while Bria Smith contributed with 10 points, four rebounds and four steals.
In her second game back, Antonita Slaughter played 20 minutes and pulled down five rebounds.
U of L sits tied for second with Rutgers in the American Athletic Conference at 4-0. Connecticut is atop the conference with a 5-0 record.
Louisville looks to extend its winning streak to 10 games on Wednesday when it takes on Central Florida at the KFC YUM! Center.