- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
- Your ultimate guide to having a good time in the 502
- Brief: Students stage sit-in in President Ramsey’s office
- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
Louisville swim and dive defeats Notre Dame
By Dalton Ray
The number fourteen Louisville women’s swimming and diving team won 10 of 16 events to beat long-time rival number 24 Notre Dame 171-129 Saturday afternoon at the Ralph Wright Natatorium. Proving to be a well needed and very impressive outing for the ladies in this mid-season top 25-showdown.
Junior Tanja Kylliainen won the 200-free, the 200-fly and was a part of the winning 400-free relay. Sophomore Kelsi Worrell won the 50-free, the 100-fly and led off the winning 400-free relay. Freshman Abigail Houck won the 1000-free and the 500-free to sweep the distance events. Senior Krissie Brandenburg won the 100-back was a part of both winning relays. Fellow senior Breann McDowell won the 100-free along with both relays.
In the 200-medley relay, the foursome of Brandenberg 25.87, Andrea Cottrell 29.06, Worell 23.59, and McDowell 22.81, combined to give Louisville the win at 1:41.32. Notre Dame A-relay was second in 1:42.66. The Louisville B team of Mackenize Buss, Lucy Kramer, Brittany Robinson, and Andrea Kneppers gave the Cards two of the top three finishes with a time of 1:44.79.
In the 1000-free Abby Chin and Carley Munchel followed Houck in second and third place. Buss placed second behind Brandenburg in the 100-back stroke with a time of 55.61. The foursome of Worrell 49.35, Brandenburg 51.24, Kylliainen 51.58, and McDowell 50.95, gave Louisville the win in the 400-free relay, the final event of the meet.