- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
UofL documentary: coming soon
By: Olivia Krauth
The U of L Foundation and U of L Housing Board of Directors voted Thurs. to grant President James Ramsey a raise.
Ramsey has been given a four percent salary increase, as well as a 25 percent contribution to his retirement account. His current salary is $600 thousand.
ULF also announced a request from ESPN to do a feature documentary about U of L, a request that was approved.
“We have a great story to tell and I think so many of the great things that are happening at the University of Louisville will have the opportunity to have a broader audience,” said Ramsey.
Additional announcements at the meeting included a new ULH chairwoman, construction of a new soccer stadium, $6.8 million grant from the National Cancer Institute, and a definitive opening date for the new student center, Oct. 18.