- Reinstated board chairman plans meeting
- State judge temporarily blocks Bevin’s Board of Trustees
- Ramsey bids for continued foundation role
- Board OK’s Ramsey’s resignation
- Trustees deciding Ramsey’s fate in private
- Board of Trustees meeting rescheduled for Wednesday
- Debate on Confederate monument re-location begins
- Ramsey’s fate to be decided Tuesday
- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
The return of Asia Taylor
By Bria Smith
One of any athlete’s biggest fear is getting injured and not being able to play the
sport in which they love. Unfortunately that’s exactly what happened to former
starting forward Asia Taylor of the Louisville Women’s Basketball Team last season.
“I mean at first it was extremely hard to deal with because you never actually think
you would be the one to get injured and have to sit out,” said Asia also known as
ATayy by her teammates. “It was a real big test for me that showed me what I truly
Asia Taylor had torn the labrum in her left hip before the 2012-2013 basketball
season had started. The two options she felt she had after hearing the bad news was
either to give up on her dreams or to work harder then she ever had to work before
to get back on the court.
“One of the biggest challenges for me through out the season wasn’t all the
strenuous treatment and rehabbing, it was having to just sit watch each game and
knowing how bad I wanted to be out there helping my team succeed.”
But with the challenges that this Lady Card faced she quickly started to think of
them more as learning experiences to better herself on and off the court.
Now after sitting out a whole year and watching her team play she is finally ready to
return to court.
“This whole experience I went through just prepared me and proved to me how
much I love this game of basketball. I’m just really looking forwarded to finally
getting out there with my jersey on once again and playing my senior year with my