- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
Underachiever Awards: What you missed while you weren’t in class
Pimpmobile assists in thefts on campus
To continue the ongoing string of robberies near and on campus, another robbery occurred on Valentine’s Day last week. The victim was not a U of L student, but the crime still occurred alarmingly close to residence halls, right on 4th Street. The victim reported that the two men approached him with guns and escaped in a Black Escalade with a license plate that read “PIMP.”
60-year-old slaps 19-month-old on plane
Joe Hundley, 60, was sitting in a row with 19-month-old Jonah and his mother Jessica Bennett. The child who was upset by the pressure in his ears was crying on the plane. Hundley, using racially discriminatory language, told Jessica Bennett to make her child be silent. Hundley, who was inebriated, will be pleading not guilty according to his attorney.
Hernia turns out to be a real baby
Forty-four-year-old, Linda Ackley, went to the hospital for what she thought was a hernia. Her hernia turned out to be an unknown pregnancy for Ackley. The bigger shock was probably the fact that the baby weighed a whopping 10 pounds. Neither parent knew that Ackley was pregnant so there was little preparation for the child. After an emergency C-section, the Ackley’s, of Michigan, welcomed their new daughter Kimberly Kay.
Elderly citizens get a little inappropriate
An elderly couple of Atlanta, Ga. was caught having sex in a parking lot. It was midday when the couple was caught in a restaurant parking lot. The officer reportedly gave the couple a high five followed by a ticket.