- Men’s tennis takes down Notre Dame for ACC tournament win
- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
Women’s Basketball tramples on Cincinnati winning 72-33
By Nick Zelano–
On Friday Jan. 18, The Lady Cards (15-4, 3-2) beat the University of Cincinnati Women Bearcats (8-9, 0-4) in basketball with a score of 72-33.
The game was never close after the tip with the Cards starting off the game on a 13-6 run. The leading scorer for the Cardinals was junior guard Antonita Slaughter with 13 points followed by sophomore forward Sara Hammond with 12 of her own.
Slaughter, who averages 8.2 points per game, stepped up against the soft Cincy team. Nine of the 10 Louisville players recorded at least one steal in the game and the defense really stepped up.
Normally giving up 51 points per game, the Cards defense played much tighter against the Cincy team who averages 55 points per game. Cincinnati held to their lowest total of the season.
With this win the Lady Cardinals have improved their Big East conference record to 4-2 after suffering a loss to Uconn in their last showing, 72-58. This keeps the Cardinals in a great position with only two losses and plenty of games left against opponents above them in the Big East standings.
Cardinal fans can next watch the women’s basketball team in action at Marquette against the Golden Eagles on Tuesday Jan. 22 at 9 p.m.
Photo: Austin Lassell/The Louisville Cardinal