- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
- RA to lose hourly wage in 2015-2016 academic year
- SGA brief: Senate passes SAC renovation resolution
- Brief: Body found at The Bellamy confirmed as suicide
Women’s Basketball tramples on Cincinnati winning 72-33
By Nick Zelano–
On Friday Jan. 18, The Lady Cards (15-4, 3-2) beat the University of Cincinnati Women Bearcats (8-9, 0-4) in basketball with a score of 72-33.
The game was never close after the tip with the Cards starting off the game on a 13-6 run. The leading scorer for the Cardinals was junior guard Antonita Slaughter with 13 points followed by sophomore forward Sara Hammond with 12 of her own.
Slaughter, who averages 8.2 points per game, stepped up against the soft Cincy team. Nine of the 10 Louisville players recorded at least one steal in the game and the defense really stepped up.
Normally giving up 51 points per game, the Cards defense played much tighter against the Cincy team who averages 55 points per game. Cincinnati held to their lowest total of the season.
With this win the Lady Cardinals have improved their Big East conference record to 4-2 after suffering a loss to Uconn in their last showing, 72-58. This keeps the Cardinals in a great position with only two losses and plenty of games left against opponents above them in the Big East standings.
Cardinal fans can next watch the women’s basketball team in action at Marquette against the Golden Eagles on Tuesday Jan. 22 at 9 p.m.
Photo: Austin Lassell/The Louisville Cardinal