- U of L students lead “die-in” for black lives
- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
White and red outs scheduled to display fans’ Cardinal pride
By Sammie Hill–
During this year’s basketball season, Cardinal fans will have the opportunity to participate in two unified color games — one white out and one red out.
The white out is scheduled for the men’s basketball game on Sunday, Feb. 3. The Cardinals will battle Marquette in the KFC Yum! Center during this game, held on Superbowl Sunday.
The official “White Out 2013” shirt will be available on game day at the Cardinal Authentic store in the KFC Yum! Center. Fans who choose not to purchase the official shirt are still encouraged to don white clothes in order to coordinate the student section and display Louisville pride.
The second color game will be a red out. This annual “Wear Red for the Seniors” event is set on March 9, during the final home game of the season. This event honors the team’s seniors as they play their last game at the KFC Yum! Center. Fans are encouraged to wear red on this day to present a united front against the opponent and to recognize the seniors that have contributed to the basketball program for the last four years.
The men’s basketball team will sport special Adidas uniforms during each of these games.
These themed games seek to inspire pride in students and fans. They allow fans to play a larger role in the game and become more engaged as they support the No. 1 ranked Cardinals throughout the season.
The men’s basketball team will play their next game on Tuesday, Jan. 22 against Villanova in Philadelphia at 8 p.m.
Photo: Tricia Stern/The Louisville Cardinal