- SGA election ballots clog under new system
- The Cardinal endorses Vishnu Tirumala for SGA President
- International Roundtable starts conversations over dinner
- RaiseRED brings over $450,000 to oncology and hematology research
- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
It’s happening here: a hilarious collection of thoughts from campus
By Genevieve Mills–
A friend of mine plays this game where he takes the subject lines of U of L’s emergency alert emails and adds U of L’s slogan “It’s happening here” to the end of it. “Flooding—it’s happening here,” “Tornado warning—it’s happening here,” or last summer, “Boil water advisory—it’s happening here.”
Honestly, I love U of L and I never regret my decision to go here. But I’m one of those people who mercilessly taunt their best friends; I grew up at family dinners where every night was pick on a different family member night. Being snarky is the only way I know how to show affection. So when The Louisville Cardinal’s fantastic Opinion editor approached me about writing a column on U of L, my immediate reaction was “Okay, how can I make fun of my school?”
My “review” of “Fifty Shades of Grey” in tweet-format that was published last fall became pretty popular. It had 43 likes on Facebook, not that I’m counting. So, tweet-format continues for this column, and it works for me since I’m lazy, and expressing my thoughts in 140 characters is right up my alley.
I hope you enjoy my thoughts regarding U of L, what’s happening on campus and any daily grievances I have experienced. I promise it will be funnier in the future, which will probably be when I can tweet and walk to class without developing frostbite on my fingers. Follow me on twitter for U of L unrelated insanity: @genevievemmills.