- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
Students react to news of conference realignment
By Tyler Mercer–
Everyone is excited as athletic news hits the University of Louisville this week. After U of L submitted a letter of application, the Presidents of the Atlantic Coast Conference voted unanimously to allow U of L admittance to the ACC in place of Maryland. Maryland announced a week before that it would be joining the Big Ten in 2014.
When asked for a reaction Mitchell Behle, sophomore Pre-Med student, said, “Basically, it’s a win-win for the University. The Big East is a sinking ship and the ACC gives us a chance to be part of the best basketball conference in history.”
In a press release ACC Commissioner John Swofford was quoted sayings, “If you look at what has been done over the last 15 months, the ACC has only gotten stronger with the additions of Louisville, Notre Dame, Pitt and Syracuse.”
Sterling Baker, sophomore Accounting student, said, “Its going to bring huge new opportunities for us, both financially and athletically, as the Big East is dwindling right now.”