- U of L Students Move-In
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
Swimming and diving defeats Xavier University
By Sammie Hill–
The University of Louisville swimming and diving teams defeated Xavier University in Friday’s meet in both the women and men’s divisions.
On the women’s team, standout freshman Kelsi Worrell swims in the butterfly, backstroke and freestyle areas. She performed well in Friday’s meet, impressing head coach Arthur Albiero.
“Kelsi Worrell was very impressive in her versatility tonight,” Albiero said. “She can move and the clock does not lie, she can put up some times that will draw attention. She performed at a very high level in an early October meet. The freshman had very positive performances, and it was exciting to see what they can do.”
On the men’s team, junior freestyle swimmer Joao De Lucca won the 100 and 200 freestyle competitions.
“He is a guy who continues to learn,” said Albiero of De Lucca. “He is humble, and he loves a good fight. He has big goals for this season, and it drives the whole team too.”
Despite the intense competition, the two teams remained friendly.
“I appreciate Xavier coming in, they are truly great friends of the program,” Albiero stated. “They are always welcome here in Louisville.”
The women’s swimming and diving team will compete in the SMU Classic on Friday, Oct. 19 in Dallas, Texas.
Photos: Tricia Stern/The Louisville Cardinal