Residence hall evacuated after mold discovery
University of Louisville students living in Miller Hall are being evacuated this week due to an inspection that occurred over the university’s fall break this passed weekend that was responsible for discovering a mold growth. Students are expected to be out of their rooms by Oct. 12 and are expected to have cleared their respective rooms of their belongings.
In a message from Housing and Residence Life, officials reported: “Although it appears to pose no immediate health risk, the university has determined it is best to remove the mold and begin the process of identifying the source for the sudden mold growth.”
The message assured students would be given alternate housing options. These new living situations would most likely be for the rest of the fall semester.
“Isolated, less severe cases that appear to pose no threat,” have also been discovered in other residence halls, as reported via the email message from Housing and Residence Life. Preventative steps have been taken to prevent more substantial mold growth.
Check The Louisville Cardinal print edition that will come out next Tuesday, Oct. 16 for more information.
Photo: Austin Lassell/The Louisville Cardinal