- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
- Renovation uncovers asbestos, university fined
- Q & A: Crystian Wiltshire, Louisville’s own Romeo
- U of L’s Romeo takes Central Park stage for Kentucky Shakespeare
- Officials still on payroll, made $500,000 since FBI probe began
- Pokémon Go app causes concerns
- Brief: Ramsey offered to resign
- U of L student, TLC writer dies
- Brief: Doug Cobb backs out of trustee appointment
Louisville volleyball wins three in a row to claim the Louisville Invitational title
The University of Louisville volleyball team is achieving success this season. This past weekend, the Cardinals defeated Middle Tennessee State University, the University of Nevada at Las Vegas and the University of Miami to claim victory of the Louisville Invitational.
Under guidance of head coach Anne Kordes, the Lady Cardinals are 11-1 this season. Currently ranked No. 12 in the country, the Lady Cardinals have proven an ability to win tight games or blow their opponents out.
Fierce play from senior outside hitters Lola Arslanbekova and Kaitlyn James has made the Cardinals a daunting foe for any opponent. With more than half the season remaining, the team still has nine home games to play with eight of them being important Big East showdowns.
The University of Louisville volleyball team will host two home games this week at the KFC Yum! Center downtown. Louisville will face DePaul on Friday at 7 p.m. and Notre Dame on Sunday at 2 p.m. With a student ID, admission is free for University of Louisville students.
Photo: Tricia Stern/The Louisville Cardinal