- Men’s tennis in midst of 10-match win streak
- The crisis surrounding ISIS
- Baseball goes 2-1 in weekend series with Xavier
- SAC renovations: a debate four years in the making
- Incoming top four talks elections, plan for future
- TEDx comes to U of L
- PHOTO: RaiseRED raises money for pediatric cancer
- Big Sean impresses on Dark Sky Paradise
- Pitino addresses Chris Jones situation
- Chris Jones pleads not guilty to rape, sodomy
Louisville football breaks record on season ticket sales
For the 2012 football season, the University of Louisville has sold a school record 43,432 season ticket packages. Additionally, the season opener versus Kentucky at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium on Sunday, Sept. 2, was sold out.
“The response from our fans for season tickets has been tremendous,” said Vice-President/Director of Athletics Tom Jurich.
These numbers reflect the strength of this year’s football program and the Cardinal pride harbored by U of L students.
“We knew there was going to be a lot of excitement because of what Charlie [Strong] and his staff have brought to the program and with the players we had returning. We knew the demand for tickets this season was going to be great and, as usual, our fans didn’t disappoint. I think it’s a credit to the great football fans we have within this program, and I’m extremely excited to kick off the season on Sunday.”
Students without season tickets can still purchase individual single-game tickets for the final six games of football season. These are on sale through Ticketmaster or at the University of Louisville Ticket Office.
Photo: Austin Lassell/The Louisville Cardinal