- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
- #SOTU 2015: What you need to know
- Lawyer’s report discredits former Vice President for Human Resources
- Strong-armed robbery near campus sends one student to hospital
- Dahlia dives into American culture
- Louisville falls to Duke 63-52
5 songs most likely to be heard at a U of L tailgate
1. “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC
It’s a timeless classic. The moment you hear, “Thunder, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah,” you know some serious stuff is about to go down. Fans of other schools tremble in their boots when the Louisville faithful rally to this song.
2. “Wagon Wheel” by Old Crow Medicine Show
This song is a must for any southern tailgate. And though Louisville might belong to the Big East, Cards fans stick to their roots. In the middle of conversations, people will immediately stop talking to do their own version of a country jig whenever this anthem is comes on.
3. “Fishin’ in the Dark” by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
This tune goes as well with a downhome tailgate as it does with… fishing in the dark. Once again, the Louisville folks can’t seem to do anything but break out into a hoedown whenever this song breaks over the airwaves.
4. “Callin’ Baton Rouge” by Garth Brooks
Garth evokes images of people square dancin’, hootin’, hollerin’ and pretty much anything else those folks down in Louisiana do in their spare time. And a lot of that relates back to football. All this makes it a perfect fit for tailgate.
5. “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
Probably the best sing-a-long ballad of all time. The beginning piano piece will set hearts afire and awaken a desire to sing into the deep dark night or the stark light of day as fans of all teams can gather round and do a really bad job of karaoke.
Photo courtesy Atlantic Records